• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

SIG MPX 300 round .177 Speed Loader!

So I've been waiting for SIG (or somebody) to make a speed loader for this platform. That hasn't happened in a year so I made my own. Needless to say my C02 and ammo consumption went up instantly! This loading method is a great way to inspect and replace deformed pellets for more consistent shots. Anyone else here make or know of other SIG 177 belt loaders?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lyu1Oq1hQw&t=29s

Hi Mike,
What method and how much effort/time is required to first pre-load the rows of pellets into the clear plastic sorters? 
That initial step of making sure the pellets go in head first in preparation for the eventual loading will be the most tedious part of the process here?

My son has both the Sig Sauer MPX and MCX, which we converted to HPA, so I know firsthand how much fun it is to plink with this gun, and also the painful loading process.
It hurts my fingers loading the pellets and hurts my eye trying to figure out the correct orientation of the pellets if one is doing this 500 times or more in a session while shooting in the basement...

Best,
Frank

frank320Hi Mike,
What method and how much effort/time is required to first pre-load the rows of pellets into the clear plastic sorters? 
That initial step of making sure the pellets go in head first in preparation for the eventual loading will be the most tedious part of the process here?

My son has both the Sig Sauer MPX and MCX, which we converted to HPA, so I know firsthand how much fun it is to plink with this gun, and also the painful loading process.
It hurts my fingers loading the pellets and hurts my eye trying to figure out the correct orientation of the pellets if one is doing this 500 times or more in a session while shooting in the basement...

Best,
Frank

Hi Frank,

It takes about 10 minutes to load the pellet feeder plate. Rolling vs shaking yields a higher right side down ratio. My holes are .180 so the uniform pellets fall all the way through without pushing them. At .177 many would stick but a higher % would fall right side down. My rolling method yields 5% wrong side down that need to be sucked out and placed right side down. Shaking or bouncing method fills the holes faster but 10-15% fall in wrong side down.

Tedious yes but being able to sort out 1-2% of the deformed ones before they go in the belt is a big plus. You don't save a lot of loading time but... I rarely get any "belt stickers" now that I can see them openly and know which ones to look for. Also helps quite a bit with finger fatigue of the one by one loading and one by one depth seating. 

When I get my MCX I will have to do an HPA conversion! My family (even my wife) has almost as much fun plinking with this .177 MPX as my 9mm MPX and other PCC's so it's a keeper! Plus we can supplement shooting target games in the back yard of our non firearm discharging county. 

Hi Mike,
Wait till you have both the MCX and MPX going full bore at the same time! It's a blast. 
I found both MCX and MPX to be very pellet sensitive, and the lighter the pellet, the more accuracy you get. 
But one cannot expect the type of accuracy we get from our PCP rifles, but for family fun and plinking, basement shooting competitions, it never gets old. 
We must have put at least 20,000 rounds thru both, probably more.... Great family bonding tool.

Get used to opening your wallet and buying pellets in bulk every time PyramydAir.com has a deal on ammo! 
Additionally, the Sig Sauer customer support is excellent. They serviced both our MCX and MPX no questions asked, shipping charges taken care of. 

I may have to copy your idea for a speed loader... can't be loading the next 20,000 rounds like i did the last 20,000 rounds.

Frank

Frank,

You are right about PCP accuracy but the belt fed fun factor is great for engaging my youngsters. It is indeed a great family bonding tool. My kids and I shot nearly an entire 1250 carton on Saturday playing "PIG" with various sized bucket lids at 50 yards! This MPX saves us a lot of 9mm and 5.56 and no ear protection needed!

Buy your pellets from MidwayUSA whenever they have sales and stock up. They just had Crosman .177 pointed 7.4 cartons for $10/1250. I just got 10 cartons last week before the sale ended.

Good luck making a belt loader. You will be glad you did when you get it done. I have an STL file of the critical dimensions (pellet plate and seating comb) that I can email you if it helps. PM me if you want it.