• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sig BDX Scope

There was a similar thread about the BDX system a few days ago and I replied that I thought it looked to be more powder burner and crossbow friendly, and I still think that is their primary market for this system. I am by no means a ballistic guru, but took another look at the Sig BDX app this morning and think it could have some potential, possibly with slugs as it does have a G1 drag function for inputting into a custom bullet profile. It does not however have the GA drag function which better reflects diablo shaped airgun pellets. It does allow some on the fly corrections if you are hitting your target high or low, so maybe their is room to tweak things to make a pellet work.

Seems like a pretty neat system for hunting, where you range the target and your scope automatically gives you a lighted dot on your reticle where you need to aim. It only gives you holdover and windage info, it will not tell you the number of clicks you need to turn your turret as in Strelok Pro. And...the BDX scopes have a minimum parallax of 50 yards which I think would be limiting to many airgunners. 

I have the range finder and tried the app. Like @aimriight have mentioned the system is not meant for precision shooting. It is not precise enough for airgun depending on what you are trying to hunt. Even with slugs it is only accurate within a 3-4 inches and more after 60 yards, not an issues with deers or pigs but no where near accurate enough to shoot pigeons at 100 yards. It also has not enough environments inputs to be precise like strelok, it’s neat but not really good enough for Airguns. If you see their demonstration videos the guys are happy to high torso sized targets at 100-700 yards. Pretty sure the scope doesn’t even have enough elevation for long airgun shots because even for PB the scope taps out at 800 yards. 

I have the rangefinder too I also have the ABL1500 ATN combo and its spot on! form 40-200+

If configured right they are spot on if the condition doesn't change too much from when you zeroed. For a lot of people that's more than good enough especially under 50-60 yards. Once the condition changed from zeroing then things can be fairly off down range and this is where strelock and a weather meter coming really handy, or BDX range finder with Kestrel applied ballistic wind/weather meter combo.

I had BDX calculation to be spot on in the morning and couple of hours later it's 1/2 mil off, at 100 yards that's just under 2 inches and a complete miss at a chipmunk I was shooting at. Second shot using strelok with weather meter and the slug hit exactly where the chipmunk's head was. The different is much greater when changing elevation and/or major weather change. However this can be easily address if you just do a quick zero and ballistic validation before you use the system for the hunt.