• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sig ASP20 as powerful as NP2?

GAMMA

Jan 30, 2020
CT
Hi, I’m curious if the Sig ASP20 is as powerful as the Benjamin Nitro Piston 2 (NP2) models.

based on manufacturer specs it looks like the NP2 is more powerful...but I figure that you might have some better in-real-life experience with the two.

besides power, is one more accurate than the other?

I consistently get 22-24 ftlbs out of my .22 SiG asp. My personal taste would be the ASP because I love the stock, fit and finish. 

1582287911_9620341335e4fcc27df33e1.04458366_IMG_0181.JPG

I have NP2 power ok trigger the worst. Aftermarket triggers are required. ASP trigger has a deal killer 2 lb trigger. I went with 

diana 340 Luxus walnut stock and T O 6 fully adjustable trigger. They also sell a more powerful 350 model. My 340 is incredible accurate with JSB 8.4 or 10.3. Beech stocks are also available but my walnut is curley and beautiful.

My Benji trail NP2 only shoots @ 15 fpe, has since purchasing it new. It's accurate enough for squirrels. I've grown used to the trigger, but someday I'll replace it.

" My Benji trail NP2 only shoots @ 15 fpe, "

Based on that number I'd say something is wrong with your NP2. Or, your using pellets that fit loose. Magnum springers achieve maximum power with snugger fitting pellets.

Glen....at what temperature did you shoot those velocities? The reps at Sig said they based their velocity/ energy figures at 70 deg. The Sig facility is at 100 ft above sea level. Also, my tin of the Sig Crux lead pellets had very few that were 14.7 gr. Say 10%. The bulk of them were in the 15 to 15.2 gr range. In warmer weather my Sig shoots 15 gr Crux pellets @ 835 fps. I also shoot the 21.14 gr lead Wraith in the 685 fps range. Have you tried the Wraith alloy pellets ? Very accurate! 

Glen....at what temperature did you shoot those velocities? The reps at Sig said they based their velocity/ energy figures at 70 deg. The Sig facility is at 100 ft above sea level. Also, my tin of the Sig Crux lead pellets had very few that were 14.7 gr. Say 10%. The bulk of them were in the 15 to 15.2 gr range. In warmer weather my Sig shoots 15 gr Crux pellets @ 835 fps. I also shoot the 21.14 gr lead Wraith in the 685 fps range. Have you tried the Wraith alloy pellets ? Very accurate!

Hey!

Those aren't mine, remember I have the dreaded .177 (just kidding, i do love it, but if i were to do it again I'd go .22).

I am getting around 917 fps with the .177 in 10.65 grain putting me near 19.9 FPE at arounf 70degrees F and 196 ft elevation.

That's right...I remember now ! LOL !! I Sorry ! Sometimes my age is catching up with me. I must say I'm starting to like my M34 in .177 cal more than my .22 cal Sig. I love it so much I had to have a .22cal M34.

Lol. I don't actually expect you to remember! What decade of life are you in?

And I've been really enjoying my Diana 48 in .22. It's a toss up right now for me.

What about the M34 is doing it for you?

I'm in my 6th decade and just had my 3rd birthday on the 12th.

I love the accuracy of 34 in .177cal. It is a very accurate springer and more pleasant to shoot than the Sig. And at 16.5 FPE it packs a wallop.

Ahh. Happy belated birthday! Im entering my 5th decade!

Now you have me wanting the 34..

My wife wont be too pleased 😃

LOL ! They have their things they like to spend on and we have ours. The M34 won't break the bank though. I paid $250 for mine which I bought on Ebay. The .22cal version also was bought on Ebay and I paid $225. The plastic front sight hood was broke in shipping so I got $40 off which made my total cost $185. Yes...the front sight is plastic as well as the butt plate. But the mechanics are all Diana.

LOL ! They have their things they like to spend on and we have ours. The M34 won't break the bank though. I paid $250 for mine which I bought on Ebay. The .22cal version also was bought on Ebay and I paid $225. The plastic front sight hood was broke in shipping so I got $40 off which made my total cost $185. Yes...the front sight is plastic as well as the butt plate. But the mechanics are all Diana.

True. Lol. And my wife and I have a great understanding after being together for 27 years. 

One problem is my safe is full (I have an ample selection of firearms as well), and my guns have poured over into my closet AND under the bed, lol.

Last year I picked up my Diana 48 for under $200, and said to myself I was done. I've been tempted a few times, but managed to say no to date. I think I decided on a "one in, one out" model, but I can't get myself to part with one to make room. Plus, I suspect like many here, that Guns aren't my only vice....

My wife and I will have our 38th in October. All those guns sounds like you have a serious addiction! LOL ! The only powder burners I have is a Glock M22 in .40 S&W loaded with CorBon 150 gr +P ammo. 1200 fps. 480 FPE. I also have a Remington M580 bolt action single shot .22 that I haven't shot in years. I was strapped for cash a couple years ago and had to sell my pre-64 (made in 1952) Winchester M70 in .257 Robert's. Hated to do it but needed cash. I had it since I was 16 yrs old took quite a few Blacktail and Colorado Mule deer with it. It pushed a 100 gr speer at 2900 fps. You must have some nice pieces in your collection.