Western Airguns Sidewinder S vs Ghost carbine help

Hello All,
I recently got a refund on an AGT Uragan 2 that had a faulty valve (thanks for the advice on trying to fill it), and I’m trying to figure out what to buy. My uses are ratting at home at night, small game hunting where I ride my mountain bike out to locations, and there’s a field target range pretty close to me that I’d like to go check out. I know the Ghost would be a way better choice if I want to get into FT. I’m also spending too much time looking at the Huben GK1. Maybe one of those with a carbine stock?

Riding your mountain bike? Ratting at home? BRK Ranger or Pathfinder XR with folding stocks. If carrying while riding? The Ranger, both will get it done to 50+ yards if you do your part.
I bought a folding stock attachment for this and a nice stock but it all had so much wiggle in it that I want to make sure what I get is solid. I’ll check out the Ranger and Pathfinder. I know I like the looks of the Atomic.

IMG_3280.jpeg

Reactions: pan60 and L.Leon
I think that my GK1 is the bomb, but if I’m wearing my sensible hat, I’d take one of several other guns to do any of the things on your list. Especially if I wanted to be stealthy. The GK1 is a noisy beast even at low power with the most effective mod, out of >15 that I’ve tried. It’s a novelty gun, super fun to shoot but numerous quirks, including not really being able to make it safe for backpacking. I’ll likely get flamed by the crew for dissing it. I second Leon’s suggestions and, if you can live with a detachable stock and a bit of tuning, this little thing is proving to be great:

I’m also on the wait list for a Sidewinder S in 30, but I fully expect that to be another novelty gun.

Reactions: pan60
That is very helpful to know about the volume level of the GK1. I live in the city and need to keep things quiet. Thinking this through with your guys advice is very helpful.
I love the AirMaks guns! I liked the Krate but I was afraid of the valve issues. And I like the Caiman, especially the newer version with the chevron cut in the front (small version).

Hello All,
I recently got a refund on an AGT Uragan 2 that had a faulty valve (thanks for the advice on trying to fill it), and I’m trying to figure out what to buy. My uses are ratting at home at night, small game hunting where I ride my mountain bike out to locations, and there’s a field target range pretty close to me that I’d like to go check out. I know the Ghost would be a way better choice if I want to get into FT. I’m also spending too much time looking at the Huben GK1. Maybe one of those with a carbine stock?
well that's easy.. buy the three guns and please send me the huben gk1 to test for you so you don't have to be bothered with looking at it 🤣🤣🤣.. wish I could afford it..
not sure about the others as I have not read much on them.. the sidewinder is the only one I have read a little about and it seems good..
good luck with whatever you decide.. hopefully you can find the perfect gun for your use..
Mark

If you need to keep things quiet, the Sidewinder will likely be working against you. I have the regular one in .22, and the action itself is very loud - you can only reduce the sound at the muzzle so much, and then the cycling of the gun will become the loudest part of the gun. My Huben (not the pistol) has a much quieter action, and thus can be made much quieter than the Sidewinder, but it still is louder than my other equivalent power shrouded guns with LDCs on them.

If you want quiet, it is hard to beat a repeater or single shot as the gun itself makes very little noise beyond the discharge sound.

I bought a folding stock attachment for this and a nice stock but it all had so much wiggle in it that I want to make sure what I get is solid. I’ll check out the Ranger and Pathfinder. I know I like the looks of the Atomic.

View attachment 415546
I believe you can get a detachable, solid stock for your Prod… A much cheaper option than buying a new gun. The usage scenarios you describe beg for a small, discreet gun. I had a Wraith Mini atop my Atomic XR for a short while, it was a killer setup. Am presently awaiting delivery of an Arken Zulus.

I believe you can get a detachable, solid stock for your Prod… A much cheaper option than buying a new gun. The usage scenarios you describe beg for a small, discreet gun. I had a Wraith Mini atop my Atomic XR for a short while, it was a killer setup. Am presently awaiting delivery of an Arken Zulus.
I have the plastic detachable stock that the prod comes with but the cheek weld is too low and the eye relief is wrong for my scope. I thought about building a new one out of some wood I have but the overall length would be getting long. That’s why I started thinking a Bullpup was my best option.