• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Western Airguns Sidewinder/Rattler, Vulcan3 or Huben K1?

I've never owned a Vulcan but I've had a Huben since 2016 and it's been a great shooter, never had any jams when shooting fast but then I haven't ripped off a mag full to many times I saw no point in wasting pellets. Mine is squirrel head accurate out to 50 yards farthest I can shoot in my backyard.

I would not choose the k1 as it jams when you start shooting hard and fast. But I liked the semi auto. But also I never had a Valcan for long. But I would do the Valcan. Or a different semi auto. There fun.
Ive pulled the trigger fast enough to shoot 4 rounds in a second, Ive done this 4 or 5 times since owner ship, haven't had a jam. I could see this actually happening though if you are filling the entire magazine port with a large, heavy projectile though, large to the point where its the maximum size the mag will allow.

Reactions: Bowhunter73
Huben owners I would appreciate you to share info of real world about shots per fill on each caliber and also about accuracy at long distance with both, pellets and slugs.
I have mine tuned right now for 33.95 , this is with 4-7 mph cross winds, 34 rounds at 77 yards. The rifle will out shoot me, I was also looking through a digital scope setup for hunting, this is a hunting rifle, if I had better glass this likely could be tightened up but this is phenomenal for that many shots. I am only filling to 4100 psi, getting 2.5 magazines per fill. I just bought the huben hand pump and I am going to pump it to 5000 psi and get total shots per maximum fill.

321870426_538475064993619_6998238264493917953_n.jpg

323094135_831384707928406_7657668401501616551_n.jpg

Reactions: Bowhunter73
70 shots per fill with that power is enough for a hunting trip!!

Very accurate indeed !!!

Thanks a lot !
So that is .25 caliber so 2.5 magazines (17 rounds per mag) off 4100 fill comes out to 42, and I only counted that when I was shooting them over 1000 fps, Id suspect at 5000 fill and tuned where I have it in the chrono picture id say 3 to 4 magazines but I will 100% find out and report back.

So that is .25 caliber so 2.5 magazines (17 rounds per mag) off 4100 fill comes out to 42, and I only counted that when I was shooting them over 1000 fps, Id suspect at 5000 fill and tuned where I have it in the chrono picture id say 3 to 4 magazines but I will 100% find out and report back.
42 is perfectly well also !!!

I look at the picture of your string that why I said 70.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_
I would not choose the k1 as it jams when you start shooting hard and fast. But I liked the semi auto. But also I never had a Valcan for long. But I would do the Valcan. Or a different semi auto. There fun.
The only time any one of my Hubens has had a mis-fire was due to my mistake. (too low on reg setting or left the mag lock lever up)

If you set the regulator down too low then try to "dump a mag" it will not cycle properly, well duh, there is not enough air ....

I just sold my .25 LE 2021 Huben (sadly), and i Never once had a single issue with that gun, shooting pellets or slugs.
Reg pressure averaged 140-150, got 60 plus shots on a 300 bar fill
Accuracy was outstanding, i could "run the line" on the KYL target system out 50 yards shooting pellets, that includes whacking that pita 1/4" dangler..

I still own a Huben 2022 in.22 cal, again Never once had any jam or misfire issues unless self-inflicted i.e. too low ref pressure or left the mag lock lever in the up position.
Same deal on reg pressure 140, getting 60 plus shots on the 300 bar fill
Stupid accurate little gun using the FX 18.13gr pellets, sub moa out to 50 .
The Zan, Huben specific 28gr slugs are deadly at distance, made multiple kill shots at 106 yards, shot count goes down a tick with the slugs as power wheel settiing goes up a few clicks .

As for working on them, they are super easy to de gas , remove 2 allen bolts from the rear of the gun, remove the spring, install the cap and pull the trigger, it will de gas itself .
There are vids out there to assemble and dis-assemble them, and Kelly at Krazcool is outstanding ..

This post is clear up any mis conceptions about the Huben based on my personal experience, I maintain my guns, do Not run rot gut cheap ammo, and use clean, dry air.
The 2 i have, and have owned, have been nothing but fantastic guns.

As to Vulcan 3, never owned one, i have owned a Vulcan 2 and an earlier version, decent enough guns, shot well, but i cannot give legit info on the V3

Last edited:
Yep it's game over when the Huben's jam. I had to field strip the one I had on multiple occasions (including the first time I had it out on a windy, wet, freezing cold day) when one or more slugs decided to slide forward far enough that they got stuck and bent the ammo all up. I never felt comfortable leaving it loaded unless they were parallel to a bench and about to be shot.

Between the jamming issues, the reg creep that I could never seem to fix, barrel that was a PITA to clean, and that terrible magazine system, I'd vote for the Vulcan. The form factor of the Huben, well made Ti air cylinder, and the hammerless valve system were decent, but it's flaws outweigh everything IME.

Yep it's game over when the Huben's jam. I had to field strip the one I had on multiple occasions (including the first time I had it out on a windy, wet, freezing cold day) when one or more slugs decided to slide forward far enough that they got stuck and bent the ammo all up. I never felt comfortable leaving it loaded unless they were parallel to a bench and about to be shot.

Between the jamming issues, the reg creep that I could never seem to fix, barrel that was a PITA to clean, and that terrible magazine system, I'd vote for the Vulcan. The form factor of the Huben, well made Ti air cylinder, and the hammerless valve system were decent, but it's flaws outweigh everything IME.
Ghost, not trying to start anything here but if the slugs you had in the mag were loose enough to "slide" forward they were the wrong slugs.
Huben is very specific about the size of slugs, Zan makes specific size oversized slugs for the Hubens, and trust me there is NO Way they will ever slide forward in the mag..

Peace amigo ✌️

Ghost, not trying to start anything here but if the slugs you had in the mag were loose enough to "slide" forward they were the wrong slugs.
Huben is very specific about the size of slugs, Zan makes specific size oversized slugs for the Hubens, and trust me there is NO Way they will ever slide forward in the mag..

Peace amigo ✌️
.254 actually is the diameter , most are 2513 , I have an assortment of .254 that I am going to test come spring when the coyote season is over , right now I do not feel like altering my tune when its more than capable right now in the middle of the season.

Last edited:
Reactions: bfloyd1095
The only time any one of my Hubens has had a mis-fire was due to my mistake. (too low on reg setting or left the mag lock lever up)

If you set the regulator down too low then try to "dump a mag" it will not cycle properly, well duh, there is not enough air ....

I just sold my .25 LE 2021 Huben (sadly), and i Never once had a single issue with that gun, shooting pellets or slugs.
Reg pressure averaged 140-150, got 60 plus shots on a 300 bar fill
Accuracy was outstanding, i could "run the line" on the KYL target system out 50 yards shooting pellets, that includes whacking that pita 1/4" dangler..

I still own a Huben 2022 in.22 cal, again Never once had any jam or misfire issues unless self-inflicted i.e. too low ref pressure or left the mag lock lever in the up position.
Same deal on reg pressure 140, getting 60 plus shots on the 300 bar fill
Stupid accurate little gun using the FX 18.13gr pellets, sub moa out to 50 .
The Zan, Huben specific 28gr slugs are deadly at distance, made multiple kill shots at 106 yards, shot count goes down a tick with the slugs as power wheel settiing goes up a few clicks .

As for working on them, they are super easy to de gas , remove to allen bolts from the rear of the gun, remove the spring, install the cap and pull the trigger, it will de gas itself .
There are vids out there to assemble and dis-assemble them, and Kelly at Krazcool is outstanding ..

This post is clear up any mis conceptions about the Huben based on my personal experience, I maintain my guns, do Not run rot gut cheap ammo, and use clean, dry air.
The 2 i have, and have owned, have been nothing but fantastic guns.

As to Vulcan 3, never owned one, i have owned a Vulcan 2 and an earlier version, decent enough guns, shot well, but i cannot give legit info on the V3
I have a giant beard....will it get caught in the action?

Reactions: Enkey