Sidewinder . 30 Cal. My experience.

.30 Cal. But my gun is a lemon. It actually came from the retailer with zero pressure in the bottle and the bottle was loose, the bracket that attached the bottle to the picatinny rail underneath it was loose. From 300 bar pressure, the tank would lose air completely in two days. I sent it to AOA for repair and they found that the O ring was the problem so they replaced it. And after I got it back I only shot 8 mags before I started to feel this air blowback, there is a strong air blowback from the left side of the gun near the mag that hits my chest, at every shot. Before this leakage, it was shooting 930FPS with 149 bar at the reg, and now with the leakage it shoots around 875FPS.
Send it back again.

If it does not work, ask for a new one in perfectly order. AoA are serious and those rifles are their project. So they want and win with satisfied users.

Send it back again.

If it does not work, ask for a new one in perfectly order. AoA are serious and those rifles are their project. So they want and win with satisfied users.
I actually bought this gun from Fox Air Power, but Western Airguns told me that it's AOA that is in charge of all the repairs. I wrote to Western Airguns request either a change with a new gun or a refund. One should never pay $2000 for a defective gun.

I actually bought this gun from Fox Air Power, but Western Airguns told me that it's AOA that is in charge of all the repairs. I wrote to Western Airguns request either a change with a new gun or a refund. One should never pay $2000 for a defective gun.
Two recommendations from my really lack of knowledge:

If it is not a life or death situation, don’t push a machine to their limits (only use the full auto to defend your life, not to make holes in paper nor to hunt);

If your rifle allows you to go to 300 bar go just to 250 - 270 top. You create less stress on all pieces.

Notwithstanding a normal car could get up to 240 km/hr, it doesn't mean that you can drive it at such speed for two hours continously.

Last edited:
i just read the owners manual.

Apparently the air you feel in your face is really easy to fix. When at AoA fixed the rifle the barrel was retighten a little bit “little” outside. If you reas the manual you Can fix it just loosing the screws and giving 1/16 of turn clockwise to the barrel and retighten the screws that keep the barrel in place.

Read the Owners Manual!

Reactions: Marschb
Two recommendations from my really lack of knowledge:

If it is not a life or death situation, don’t push a machine to their limits (only use the full auto to defend your life, not to make holes in paper nor to hunt);

If your rifle allows you to go to 300 bar go just to 250 - 270 top. You create less stress on all pieces.

Notwithstanding a normal car can get up to 240 km/hr, it means that you can drive it at such speed for two hours c

i just read the owners manual.

Apparently the air you feel in your face is really easy to fix. When at AoA fixed the rifle the barrel was retighten a little bit “little” outside. If you reas the manual you Can fix it just loosing the screws and giving 1/16 of turn clockwise to the barrel and retighten the screws that keep the barrel in place.

Read the Owners Manual!
I contacted Western Airguns because the gun came without the manual, which happened to some other guys in the forum. They sent me a downloadable version, so I'm gonna try to fix it today. Thanks for your help.

Reactions: MichaelHunt
I hurt my wrist a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to shoot much, however today I went ahead and put a bipod on my sidewinder and went to the range for a little one handed target shooting. I bought an extra magazine from AofA recently, which makes target shooting pretty nice. I have it tuned to about 760fps at the moment, which gives me around 5 magazines per fill. Now I just have to get 3 more magazines so I won't have to reload at all between fills- too bad those things are so pricey lol!

I hurt my wrist a few weeks ago so I haven't been able to shoot much, however today I went ahead and put a bipod on my sidewinder and went to the range for a little one handed target shooting. I bought an extra magazine from AofA recently, which makes target shooting pretty nice. I have it tuned to about 760fps at the moment, which gives me around 5 magazines per fill. Now I just have to get 3 more magazines so I won't have to reload at all between fills- too bad those things are so pricey lol!
I wish your wrist get well soon !

Becase of the design of these magazines I have my doubts about how safe is to have them out of the rifle. A slight twist on the slim cover I think it could cause a malfunction. But maybe that small twist is not easy.....

The fact is that I have not bought extra magazines for my sidewinders yet.

Becase of the design of these magazines I have my doubts about how safe is to have them out of the rifle. A slight twist on the slim cover I think it could cause a malfunction. But maybe that small twist is not easy.....

The fact is that I have not bought extra magazines for my sidewinders yet.
Well the previous time I went to the range, over a month ago now, I was pretty excited and screwed up a couple of times. One time I fired it after forgetting to put the magazine in, and another time I fired it after forgetting to put the cover on the magazine after loading it. The time without the magazine, it was loud, like a gunpowder rifle. The time without the cover was also pretty loud and I experienced a jam, with the pellet partially exiting the magazine and the magazine turning a little, so it was pretty difficult to remove everything for a little bit.
I think I need to poke things around with one of the hex wrenches I had on hand to get everything out.
Anyway, once it was reloaded properly, the gun functioned perfectly once more, shooting with the same speed and power I had chronographed before.
The magazine had no damage, and I think they are pretty tough when fully assembled. The cover is magnetically attached to the body, so I think the danger of any part of it getting damaged in storage or transport (say in your pocket while hunting) are minimal.