• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sideshot

You can use an aftermarket app like apple movie to make your vid slo mo. I just bought a sideshot phone mount and put my old iphone 6 in it and it seems to do very well. Saved me the cost of a gopro

Solomo with iPhone is nothing compare to the gopro 7 black. Yes both can do 1080p at 240fps. But the gopro uses a custom lens to zoom in for better quality. The iPhone you are digitally zooming in and you lose a lot of quality. For solomo the gopro is the way to go. Thats why ted and Matt used the gopro version for solomo and not an iPhone.

You could also look into getting the Firefly 8 SE. Get the one with the 90 degree lens and it is a drop in without having to change the lens. Orion prints a great adapter for the case that comes with the camera. Couple of quick modification and it works great. I started with the Sideshot phone and converted it over to the Firefly and it works great. Firefly will cost you about $150 and the adapter was $20. Firefly shoots 1080 at 120FPS and 720 at 240FPS.

I have a side shot phone mount and it’s works well enough. It works better with later phones with 2x lense and even with that you have to zoom in a little which degrades quality a little but I have my old iPhone 8 in my desk so that’s why. Slow motion on the iphone(7 and up I think) works great to 240fps. If you want better quality then a cheap digital compact camera scope mount and a $1000 compact camera will get your much better quality but in couldn’t justify it and it messes up your shooting position and hold.