• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Sideshot scope camera clamp sizes (width)

Does anyone know what the width is on the 30 mm scope clamp for the Side-Shot Phone Mount?

I have a UTG 3-12x44 compact scope (SCP3-UM312AOIEW) mounted onto a Daystate Huntsman Regal XL, attached with a 21mm wide dovetail ring. There are 2-3 mm between the ring and the turrets to allow space for adjustments, and only 11-13mm to attach the clamp.

The OrionCam scope camera clamps are slightly too wide at 15 mm, and EagleVision will not work with this scope. If you have any suggestions to get a side view camera onto this scope I'm all ears! Thank you!

20221126_113808.jpg

Scopedimensions.PNG

20221125_224125.jpg

You're probably going to want to upgrade that scope. The optical clarity and brightness is not going to allow for decent video quality at a much higher magnification than 3x. I do not believe the Side Shot will fit regardless unfortunately
If I were to get a new scope I would be looking for a mildot reticle, probably in 4-16 (?) to use small game hunting and at the range. Is there anything in particular to consider when selecting a scope to use with a scope cam? Thank you for the input!

If I were to get a new scope I would be looking for a mildot reticle, probably in 4-16 (?) to use small game hunting and at the range. Is there anything in particular to consider when selecting a scope to use with a scope cam? Thank you for the input!
Basically as good of glass as you can afford. If you're on a strict budget the Arken SH4 line will get you close.