Sideshot GoPro $1250.

That's what it cost for real ?? My Buddy just bought a Hero 7 new and it was under $400 shipped . And I thought side shots were like $200 bucks or something like that . Maybe I'm missing something ? 

I wanna try one of the ATN scopes one day , and test it as a pure " Scope" if possible... If that's what the sideshot costs for real....That's outta my tax bracket . 

Reactions: SkyCool
That has to be a mistake and probably should be $250. Look at how theres just a separation between the 1 and 250 I think someone messed up when they added the price. How can they have the regular side shot for $200 but the go pro for $1250? The go pro version looks like it has less parts so you wouldnt see that big of a jump for manufacturing cost or for it being new. I think you will see that number changed to $250 by tomorrow or the next day once they realize its listed at $1250. 

It says that the Backbone Hero 7 is included. That is $899 right there! Why they would go that route, I have no idea. But looking at how poorly the Side-Shot was designed, it kinda makes sense. I do not know those guys and I do not mean it personal, but the side-shot is a design disaster. It is clearly not designed by an engineer (I hope not, as that would be really bad). Probably by a machinist that has no idea what he is doing... And yes, I have a side-shot and I will be selling it.

Thanks,

Kmd

Take a look at the video on their website. Yes, they use the BACKBONE modified HERO 7. This turns this little camera into an interchangeable lens compact camera. They use a different focal length lens than the standard lens that comes on a stock HERO 7 I believe. This is a specialty camera, NOT a standard GoPro HERO 7. The price is high, yes, but I don't think they are gouging anyone considering they are probably paying about what you or I would for the modified camera. It's like anything else... you want the best tech toys... you have to pay for them.

However, I think releasing this at this price point, using a modified genuine GoPro HERO 7, will be the best promotion of the Russ Baer Scope-Cam that Russ Baer will ever see. I think he uses a GoPro clone, to produce a similar side-mounted rig. However, it's a clone action-camera, and I know nothing of the focal length, and I'm sure the quality wlll be nothing to compare to that of the Backbone GoPro HERO 7. Just my suspicion. That brings us back to if you want the highest quality, expect to pay the highest price.

I think if the want to sell these units, they will have to do something along the lines of take the sideshot mount for the phone, which they already have in production, and can be sold at a profit for $200, and modify it for the GoPro housing (which they obviously do), This process should be made to allow them to still be sold at the $200 price point. Then, add the BackBone GoPro Hero 7 to that ($900). That would mean the BEST we could reasonably hope to see this unit go for is $1100. Still too high in my opinion for the general airgun market at this point. Maybe when the HERO 8 comes out and the HERO 7 drops, it'll help, but who knows.

Again... you want the best, you have to pay the most.

It says that the Backbone Hero 7 is included. That is $899 right there! Why they would go that route, I have no idea. But looking at how poorly the Side-Shot was designed, it kinda makes sense. I do not know those guys and I do not mean it personal, but the side-shot is a design disaster. It is clearly not designed by an engineer (I hope not, as that would be really bad). Probably by a machinist that has no idea what he is doing... And yes, I have a side-shot and I will be selling it.

Thanks,

Kmd

I missed that part in the info. Yes it makes sense now. I already have a go pro so I wouldnt pay that much for the side shot. So basically they want $350 for the side shot mount. I dont think its worth that much money. What dont you like about the side shot? 

For all of you's that do not dance with the devil (Facebook) Here is a snap shot of the announcement:
1546426415_10162773375c2c982fc36310.58656780_2019-01-02 - 05.52.37 ~ MyImgur v3.93 - myimgur.e...png

Please notice that in that photo is my FX Impact X .22 with a SideShot/Hajimoto Productions Hero 3/4 unit attached. I soon will be distributing a detailed video that walks any GoPro Hero 3/4 owner through what they need to do to their GoPro to use the new Side Shot for GP3/4.

Thanks!

Hajimoto