Sidelever Fever

Some love them some hate them (like many things) I'm more of the love them type. Some of the most accurate piston rifles and pistols ever produced fall in to this category, few modern guns still use this cocking method. Here's a variety of new and old.

Anschutz 380 with wood cheekpiece

89 Anschutz LG380.1617998453.JPG

89 Anschutz380.1617998454.JPG

Diana 75 B

192 Diana 75B T01.1617998497.JPG

FWB 65 MKI

39 FWB 65MKI .177.1617998903.JPG

FWB 65 MKII with clamp on barrel weight

44 FWB 65.1617998954.JPG

FWB 80

46 FWB 80.1617998980.JPG

FWB 90 MKI

48 FWB90.1617999012.JPG

Feinwerkbau 150 Tyrolean with front stock weight

216 Feinwerbau 150 Tyrolean .177.1617998556.JPG

FWB300S Universal v1 (high cheekpiece and sights installed)

225 FWB Universal.1617998649.JPG

FWB300S Match L

219 Feinwerbau Match L.1617998680.JPG

FWB300S Tyrolean

221 1Feinwerkbau 300S Tyrolean.1617998706.JPG

FWB300S Running Target v1

223 Feinwerkbau 300S Running Boar v1 .177.1617998748.JPG

FWB300S Running Target v4 with B Nickel dual post running Target scope

228 Running Boar.1617998815.JPG

RWS 54

230 RWS 54.1617999099.JPG

RWS 56TH

233 RWS 56 .22 2.1617999117.JPG

DualMagMike WOW WOW WOW (starting to sound like a dog) You have to have the sweetest collection. You’re like the Encyclopedia Britannica of airguns. 
I purchased an Air King Pro, I was pleasantly impressed with cocking it. I was expecting it to be awkward. I found it easier to cock than my Pro Sport.
The stock on my 54 is heavier than all my other rifles and I noticed it seems to be a character of the side lever in all your rifles.
Do all these rifles work on the rails like the Diana?

Do you strictly collect springers and gas rams?_

Took me over two hours to write this, couldn’t stop checking out your pics! This is all new to me so I’m eating it all,. Got to like German engineering! Thanks Crow 

Reactions: DualMagMike
Thanks for the compliments, most of my collection is springers or rams but not all. I have a few pumpers and CO2's. Not all sidelevers are recoiless and not all by a sledge system some have a Giss system which is 2 opposing pistons moving at the same time but in opposite directions canceling each other out. Most sidelevers are a bit on the heavy side, the RWS56 seems to really stand out at 11.1lbs with no scope.

I comment and what is posted and will not attempt to surmise what someone is trying to say. If they want to edit or correct themselves that is up to them. How would you know what anyone is trying to say, a superiority complex coupled with mind reading abilities? Again I mention facts and no wheels are involved on a 48 and it is far easier to just say 54 especially if less than perfect English is the issue. So again a failed attempt at trying to bring me down and again quite odd and lies. I did not say he accused me of being jealous, he said he is not and said the same. It's all right there...

I comment and what is posted and will not attempt to surmise what someone is trying to say. If they want to edit or correct themselves that is up to them. How would you know what anyone is trying to say, a superiority complex coupled with mind reading abilities? Again I mention facts and no wheels are involved on a 48 and it is far easier to just say 54 especially if less than perfect English is the issue. So again a failed attempt at trying to bring me down and again quite odd and lies. I did not say he accused me of being jealous, he said he is not and said the same. It's all right there...

I'm not trying to take you down, there hero. You are doing that all by yourself. I'm offering you an alternate (and correct) reading of the posters comments in the hope that you will give him a bit of slack. No insult intended.

My OPINION, that's all.

You would have no way knowing what he meant unless again you are a mind reader which again is quite odd and untruthful as usual. You have tried insulting me from the begining through now and 2 different posts, again FACTS!

Well! What do you know? We learn something new about ourselves everyday! Who knew I was a "mind reader". 

Seriously dude, lighten up. Your "sacred honor" has not been questioned.

Life goes on and you're going to have a GREAT day, if you let yourself.

Now, I've been very graciously asked to drop this childish game, so from me to you ... consider it dropped.

Have a GREAT DAY! Good luck on your next match.  Nice collection by the way. You have a lot of really nice looking rifles. I think I'll be cutting some of mine loose in the near term. Maybe use the cash to store up some pellets.

Still ranting, still sarcasm and after being asked to stop you continue... again quite odd. Remember this whole thing was started by you with a comment not made to you or about you. Continue to be keyboard brave with name calling, it suits you. Your complete lack of honor was never in question and is further damaged with each of your rants if that's even possible! 

My 2 side levers are a FWB 300S and a Walther LGR SSP. I've come to like shooting the side levers so much that I'm seriously considering getting a 54 Airking Pro .177. I'd have to get it de-tuned since I mostly shoot in my back yard 10-30 yds. The 54 AK would probably be overkill and I need another airgun like.... BUT I have become really fond of the recoilless designs shot cycle.

Many years ago, I had a few quality PCP's but decided to sell them off for springers since all my shooting is done in the yard.

Guns like the FX Cyclone and AA 410 became boring to shoot when you're only at 25 yds. I could nail flys that landed on my targets.... now that was fun! lol

In retrospect I should have said D54.

I can understand why and read this post after my comment.

Actually, another intent was to inject how "perfect" a sidelever operates more than all other air rifles.

I have mostly break barrels that to me are "easy" and my only sidelever is tuned to 15.XXgr JSB (HEAVY .20) .20s. No other pellet at all! Only THOSE are to be used in it and the spring is not the original factory spring etc. The barrel is rifled .20 for the D54 and in the meantime I was enjoying using one (the gunsmith's own .20 D54 he used in competition) I saw another name used called "The D48 On Wheels" because it operates like a rail gun on tracks that slides on tracks to let the recoil shove the cannon back in alignment and hit the target without the mess up of a fixed system relying on variable pressures from human hands. That sort of thing.

I was also aware the D52 and others "more powerful" were made but now discontinued leaving only the Air King or D54.

This is a sidelever I enjoy owning!