• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Side wheel focus knob recommendations?

I’m wondering if anyone can help recommend a good FT side-wheel focus knob? 

I’m running an Optisan EVX 4-16x44F1 scope. One of the “snail-shell style” knobs would be nice, but round would work as well. 

Quality aluminum would also be nice. 

Would a UTG work fit me? Would 100mm be sufficient or should I go larger? 

Also, I’m not sure what the ID of the existing side focus knob on the Optisan scope is. 

Thanks in advance for help. 

Buy and mod the Crosman Centerpoint 80mm wheel direct from Crosman $5.99 with AGNATION discount code or $7.99 without discount code typed in.

Buy several maybe at least half dozen or a dozen to make shipping worth while it's pointless to ONLY ship ONE ITEM.

lhttps://www.crosman.com/product/x-large-side-wheel-for-compactscopesl

Probably want couple of these CHEAP METAL 2 PACK SPINNER TARGETS while you are at it ONLY .

NOPE THEYRE BACK UP TO $16.99 NOW SCRATCH THAT ONE-!

https://www.crosman.com/product/crosman-dual-target-pack

HERE'S this past late January post for reference of SNOOZE u LOSE-!

https://www.airgunnation.com/topic/in-expensive-spinners/?view=all#post-912131

Have a look here i have a coma and like it

https://jdscustomdesign.com/scope-wheels

+1

I shoot HFT. You cannot use a 4" round wheel effectively.

Look closely at the parallax knob on the scope. See the spacing on the yardages? They're not spaced evenly. As you go away from the 10 yard marking out to infinity you see the spacing get smaller and smaller.

I'm not going to go into the how and why turret marking are like that here, you're just needing a recommendation for a FT parallax wheel.

You need a wheel that will enlarge and enhance those spaces in order to range your target correctly. A 4" or any round wheel will not enhance these distances in spacing accurately, (particularly in the 35-50 yard "dead zone" of ranging) where the distances are most critical. All a 100mm/4" wheel are good for are to make it easier to turn the parallax knob. 

Joe at JDS makes a wheel that has a hub which attaches to the turret. The wheel is keyed and held in place by strong neodymium magnets so that when you remove and re-install the wheel it goes exactly at the yardage you took it off.

Why is this important?

When you have a large wheel on the parallax turret of your scope and you transport it in a bag or case, it puts undue and undesirable stress on the turret which can lead to play in the body of the turret eventually causing parallax errors. 

As far as the make of the wheels, I've tried pretty much all of them. Joe has incorporated the features you want in a parallax wheel. 

Good luck and tell Joe I said "Hello" 

DSCF0715_50.1618067824.jpg

I really like the SCOPEWERKS '"NAUTILUS" profile SF wheels. In many cases however CUSTOM adaptation hub needs to be made to get them onto various scopes.

The OPTISAN EVX's have a shallow taper on the SF knob requiring a matching taper "Custom" hub that also require it being glued onto this taper. ( Shoegoo ot E6000 ) work great and can be removed if or when needed.

rsz_dscf9690.1618068389.jpg

Other is also a "SCOPEWERKS" wheel called the ELLIPTICAL. It profiles similar is how scales expands / tightens as smaller to larger radius changes.

"BOTH" require a custom HUB to fit the EVX scopes ... FYI

Scott S

Wow! So I purchased my Kalibrgun Argus 60 from a certain dealer in Arizona, and it’s been pretty much a very bad experience. 
I come on Airgun Nation, people are welcoming, and have given expert, on point advice ... I follow through on the advice and meet one of the nicest people I’ve dealt with since buying the gun. JD took his time with me and even helped with some fill probe problems I was experiencing. Much needed breath of fresh air. 
Thank you all for the pertinent info, and taking the time to help me out! 
JayBee