Side-Shot

Just received my Side-Shot today in the mail and started getting it dialed in. I love the fact that you look through the scope, hold the rifle in a normal position and still capture video of the hunt. I am trying to figure out the best video mode to record in using my IPhone 7 Plus. The video below is an example of the different capture modes in the IPhone. I am a little disappointed in the results when shooting in Slow Motion Mode on the IPhone. You will see in the video quite a bit of blur or distortion as a result of the recoil of my FX WIldcat.
If anyone is curious, I am using a new IPad Pro and Luma Fusion to edit the videos.
What video capture mode are you all using to record your hunt or target session with the Side-Shot? Are you having similar results? By the way, I am using the little stabilizer brace that comes with the unit that they recomend using during slow motion shooting.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but honestly so far I am not impressed with the recoil vibration that I am getting transferred to the IPhone. Maybe another brand phone would do better but I doubt that. I wonder if it is because it is mounted to the side that the recoil vibes transfer more? I have been using a Casio Exilim and an Eagle Vision mount with much better video results. There is no denying the benifit of being able to look through your scope for hunting situations and ergonomics that is a clear benifit of the Side-Shot but I'm just not happy with the quality of video. Anyway, I may consider selling my Side-Shot unless someone can figure out a way to get better results? I see a lot of good video from the Sony RX 100 and Eagle Vision mount. I know that is a pricy camera but it may be worth it.

"bcharlett"I hate to be the bearer of bad news but honestly so far I am not impressed with the recoil vibration that I am getting transferred to the IPhone. Maybe another brand phone would do better but I doubt that. I wonder if it is because it is mounted to the side that the recoil vibes transfer more? I have been using a Casio Exilim and an Eagle Vision mount with much better video results. There is no denying the benifit of being able to look through your scope for hunting situations and ergonomics that is a clear benifit of the Side-Shot but I'm just not happy with the quality of video. Anyway, I may consider selling my Side-Shot unless someone can figure out a way to get better results? I see a lot of good video from the Sony RX 100 and Eagle Vision mount. I know that is a pricy camera but it may be worth it.
http://vid305.photobucket.com/albums/nn208/bauerpup/Airgun/20170722_110551_zpsypb1f4lr.mp4

I don't get those vibrations. Samsung G5

here are a few SloMo video from Long Range Shooters of Utah, LLC
Click on the date link 
**Warning Graphic Content**

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.10"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
Thayne from @sideshotscopecam shooting a GRASSHOPPER AT 80 yards w/ an FX Impact .25 cal Air Rifle topped with a @...Posted by Long Range Shooters of Utah, LLC on Sunday, April 16, 2017

(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&version=v2.10"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs);}(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));
**Warning Graphic Content**75 Yard Double Kill Shot - More incredible footage from our buddies @sideshotscopecam @...Posted by Long Range Shooters of Utah, LLC on Monday, May 15, 2017

**Warning Graphic Content**More incredible footage from our buddies @sideshotscopecam @utahairguns going some varmint...Posted by Long Range Shooters of Utah, LLC on Friday, May 12, 2017

**Warning Graphic Content**Our buddies @sideshotscopecam @utahairguns going some varmint control in slow-mo. You can...Posted by Long Range Shooters of Utah, LLC on Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know I did some more shooting testing with the IPhone and Side-Shot today. In the previous video I had aligned the secondary camera for IPhone 7, the one that is the 2x and more zoom. Today, I aligned the IPhone 7 with the primary lense. I am getting much better results with this orientation of the phone. I will do a quick comparison vidoe and post soon. I am back to being excited again about the Side-Shot and it's possibilities.

Here is another quick video from the Side-Shot. I have set it up to use the primary camera this time and getting much better results. It is nice to be able to immediately watch and edit video on the IPhone or IPad Pro in my case and of course be able to look through the scope normally. The only better video quality I see is that from Hajimoto where he uses an custom built eyepiece with right angle mirror and a GoPro 4. I may try that build as well.