SHTF : Springer or PCP With Hand Pump? Which would you choose?

SHTF : Springer or PCP and Hand Pump? Which would you choose?

• Springer

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • PCP & Hand Pump

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
let's have a live target like competition. from 25 to 100 yrds.
Won't prove a thing. You already know PCPs are more accurate. You also already know that springers have a higher mean time between failures. Nice try though.

You'd need to run that "match" while living under simulated SHTF conditions for a couple of months and you would prove exactly what others have already said here, "There are good reasons for choosing either AND intended use drives those reasons."

realistically , if a real SHTF hits , 99%of us will stay in our homes , protecting all our stuff till someone more willing to kill others kills us . How many of us have family and would actually leave at the first start of SHTF ? Realistically one would have to have a hiding spot already in place and enough stuff stashed there to last a long long time . but this is really a fun post to read over coffee in the early morning's .
Stan in KY .

realistically , if a real SHTF hits , 99%of us will stay in our homes , protecting all our stuff till someone more willing to kill others kills us . How many of us have family and would actually leave at the first start of SHTF ? Realistically one would have to have a hiding spot already in place and enough stuff stashed there to a long long time . but this is really a fun post to read over coffee in the early morning's .
Stan in KY .
I have the hiding spot already set up but the dilemma would be your second point... getting the rest of the family to commit. Your first point is the most likely outcome.

Reactions: SonOfAGun
realistically , if a real SHTF hits , 99%of us will stay in our homes , protecting all our stuff till someone more willing to kill others kills us . How many of us have family and would actually leave at the first start of SHTF ? Realistically one would have to have a hiding spot already in place and enough stuff stashed there to last a long long time . but this is really a fun post to read over coffee in the early morning's .
Stan in KY .

Doesn't mean animals aren't going to wander into your back yard.

Stan in KY .
Truth!!! (y)

So your limited to small shot counts in a target rich environment. Kinda like a musket.
Waves "white flag" says, "Wait a few minutes while I pump up this rifle." Just sayin' it is all relative to the situation at the moment.
Sustained fire is what keeps people at a distance... but we have already discussed the foolishness of believing AGs are actual self-defense tools.

Last edited:
Stan in KY .
Very fun to hear others chime in and get their side of things. I live on a farm and self sufficiency is key.

Very fun to hear others chime in and get their side of things. I live on a farm and self sufficiency is key.
yes and others willing to do harm know this too . just saying . @ 78 i believe i will just stay where i am . hell my medicines will run out in 90 days .

No one stocks up on "Art and Science of Operative Dentistry", 7th edition?:unsure:
There's nothing adventurous about that now is there.

When you get right down to it 90% of SHTF preparation talk that you hear is just apocalyptic fantasy. Reality would be much more mundane. Just trying to survive and make a living like you do today but in circumstances that totally suck.

Even when you look at failed states like Somalia, you don't see a Walking Dead or Road Warrior scenario. Sure there are warlords, crime, famine and genocide, but people still form groups, engage in commerce, go to work, etc... My own belief is that having things like practical bicycles for when there is no fuel available, a well to draw water from and a backup power supply and a location far away that you can relocate to and the funds to do it will be more important than arsenals of weaponry. The Jews, Tutsis, Armenians, Boers, etc... that got out of Dodge before things went to s--- were the real smart preppers.

After the initial shock is over we'd be put back to the 18th century. It could be done but a hell of a learning curve for our current lifestyle
i have a solar panel to charge my cell phone so i will be ok whatever happens !

Been looking at the Hatsan Mod 125 .25 (Springer) and the Hatsan Jet 2. I love the .25 but am torn ...should I go Mod 125 or should I just spend the extra and get the Jet 2 .25? Two completely different guns I know . Curious what ya'll would do?
I've had a lot of fun shooting my Hatsan 135 and I think it's a pretty decent rifle for the money. Personally, I'd get the 130 instead. It's .30 instead of .25, but its only $199 at Pyramyd and that's a damn good deal for a 30+ foot pound break barrel and 30 foot pounds in .30 hits harder than 30 foot pounds in .25.