SHTF : Springer or PCP With Hand Pump? Which would you choose?

SHTF : Springer or PCP and Hand Pump? Which would you choose?

• Springer

Votes: 18 45.0%
  • PCP & Hand Pump

Votes: 22 55.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
IMO ... a Springer only has ONE attribute that trumps a PCP :oops: ... That of being fully self contained.
In nearly every other attribute a modern PCP comes out on top.

Many arguments can be made :rolleyes:... But come days end of success/s shooting either, the PCP is more accurate, Is generally quieter, has substantially more power potential & can be adjusted for its output power. So long as one has a miens to produce HPA there servicing generally is nothing more than o-rings.

If passed history is any guide to longevity...My or "a" unregulated Daystate Regal .177 and a Hill hand pump...in a survival situation shooting a tin or two a year, filling to a relatively low pressure...something under 200 bar down to something above 100 bar...I don't know HOW long that set up would last if done exclusively to less than 200 bar and a 160cc tank...YEARS AND YEARS....Killin' pump oriings by going to to 250 bar and pumping too fast. My Huntsman hasn't been touched since bought USED
20220922_155720.jpg
Screenshot_20230309_084018_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230309_084119_Chrome.jpg
from AOA in '14...shot it some today. I would want a few of the little green high pressure orings for the Hill and a tube of silicone grease and plenty of pellets...I would worry more about droppin' the gun and damaging the scope...Over the last 9 years in high humidity climates as much as I've used this set up...a survival situation would seem like a vacation for my Regal and Hill. No brainer.