Other Show your CO2 pistols

Nice.
North woods, what is the one fourth from the bottom? Is it some sort of 10m match pistol?
Yes, it's a Czechoslovakian .177 BRNO Tau-7 10m pistol.

Came to me as a bit of a diamond in the rough. Did a bunch of work to it including cutting a new crown, internal polishing, external de-burring, bead blasting, and re-blueing. Refinished the wood as well. Best part about being a retired Gunsmith is I now have time to work on my own guns instead of everyone else's. ;)

Unusual in that it can be powered by a C02 powerlet or bulk fill by simply switching out the piercing assembly on the bottom of the grip. Velocity is also adjustable as is the 2 stage trigger.

Uses a single shot trapdoor type action-

DSC00009 copy 3.JPG

Last edited:
What kind of FPS do you get from those Crosman 150's ?
I'm getting another 2240 and gonna turn it into a stubby by shortening the barrel to end up flush with the Co2 tube "150 style", cut the hammer spring down, put on some nice wood grips and turn it into a soda can killer for my granddaughter :)

Ray

not sure if this is the best place to ask my question.. I also might try to start a thread, if I can figure it out..
I love cowboy guns.. lever action and single six.. I currently only have one PCP pistol that I don't consider a pistol.. umarex notos 22 inches long with just pistol grip and there's no way I can shoot it freehand..

so I keep thinking about the Colt SAA nickle in BB and possibly the short barrel one that is custom.. like the ace in the hole they were selling..
but my big question is.. I like to shoot reactive targets.. can be just a simple empty tin food cans.. so I am wondering at 10 yards or more of it will have enough power to knock over the can? will it put a hole in it.. it's just I haven't shot CO2 in over 20 years and I don't remember.. I definitely don't want it to bounce back.. I know that someone will say get the pellet version but I have carpal tunnel and I just can't handle 177 pellets.. 22 is hard enough.. but I saw a video of one guy who was loading up the cartridges just holding the cartridge and pushing down over some loose BB's in a pellet tin..
so I'm only interested in it if I can safely shoot cans or something similar without the BB bouncing and coming back..
of coarse if I got the pistol, it gets expensive fast because of extra cartridges, gun belt and holster and the lever action to match..
thank you if anyone can answer this question.
Mark

Reactions: Septicdeath
My first foray into vintage, Crosman Mark I. It came with no piercer seal, so got a new set of seals and prepared to disassemble the whole thing to reseal it. Decided to just replace that easy one... it shot perfectly and has been holding pressure for hours. Cleaned the barrel, sighted it in, and it's seems to be good as new. Just a little disappointed that I didn't have to take it all apart ;-).
IMG_5226.jpg

Modified Crosman Mark 1. I've heard Crosman made this with different barrel lengths but I couldn't find anything other than what I already had. So ... bought a longer barrel from Crosman and made a steel shroud & front sight for it. I always liked the Luger look, so this shroud has that slight taper and heavy fuller at the base. Even though longer and made of steel, the new shroud feels lighter than the original. Here I show my two Mark 1's ... one pretty much stock and the other with the new barrel.

Mark1.JPG