Other Show your CO2 pistols

NICE! I've been eyeing those CP88's for a while. That grip looks like real wood, was that something you added?
It indeed is real wood. Walther providing them. They have a way better grip than the normal black plastic ones. And the are a bit wider, so perfect for me - and I personally think, they complete the look of the gun.

Tangfolio Witness and German Luger are my favorites. Both with blow back action. View attachment 415052
I love Lugers. Is that the blowback one? In mine the barrel was permanently fixed to the frame with two small pins which were pressed into blind holes. Trouble is, the barrel was a bit loose from day one and started working its way even looser over time. No way to tighten it. Fix was to carefully drill out those two pins and epoxy the barrel back in, after stripping off the paint wherever the glue needed to go. Now it's solidly attached and apparently slightly more accurate.

Reactions: Septicdeath
Two more that followed me home ...
I thought the Crosman was complicated to work on, and then along came that Feinwerkbau with more moving parts than a Swiss watch o_O

Crosman600.JPG

FWB65.JPG

Oops, the FWB is a springer and this forum is about CO2.
Let me try again .... the Makarov is CO2.
Baikal advertises it as a BB gun but it comes with a nice rifled barrel, and begs for someone to try running pellets through it. I find that if I manually load in pellets (i.e. "single shot") it can deliver remarkably tight groups. As such, it actually competes favorably with any of my other short barrel pellet guns for accuracy. So .... a magazine full of lead pellets for rapid fire fun, or manually load pellets one by one for more serious target practice.

Makarov.JPG

Initially threw this together back in early December, just after getting laid off for the winter season. It balances nice in the hand but was top heavy with the dot site I initially mounted.
Inspiration hit last nite and this morning I found the open sites in the parts basket. Drilled and tapped for the mounting screws.
Since the shroud was just a snug push on fit, I figured best to add 2 grub screws, through the central support, to keep things in line.
The top of the front site is 3/4“ above the bore and the rear is 7/8” both easily visible with the mag clip in, but there is NO room to lower the rear if it shoots high.

IMG_3519.jpeg

Oops, the FWB is a springer and this forum is about CO2.
Let me try again .... the Makarov is CO2.
Baikal advertises it as a BB gun but it comes with a nice rifled barrel, and begs for someone to try running pellets through it. I find that if I manually load in pellets (i.e. "single shot") it can deliver remarkably tight groups. As such, it actually competes favorably with any of my other short barrel pellet guns for accuracy. So .... a magazine full of lead pellets for rapid fire fun, or manually load pellets one by one for more serious target practice.

View attachment 434731
>> ..... a magazine full of lead pellets for rapid fire fun, or manually load pellets one by one ...
Oops, meant to say "a magazine full of lead BBs for rapid fire fun, or manually load PELLETS one by one ....
Can't load PELLETS into the magazine, it'll lock up solid.
If you want a true pellet semi-auto, then you want a Crosman 600

I am hoping to become the owner of a boxed Crosman 600 in the next few days.... 🤞
You're gonna love the 600! No worries if it leaks gas, that can be fixed, there are seal kits available.
What you DO need to get is an extra cam ring. If you find one, grab it. The cam ring is the weak link in the 600, although with proper care it can last a long time.

NICE! I've been eyeing those CP88's for a while. That grip looks like real wood, was that something you added?
I bought a CP88 about 6 weeks ago. I liked it so much I bought the CP88 Competition in nickel out of Portugal this week. Finding real wood grips is very hard. I bought a set out of the UK for about $80 USD shipped this week and consider myself lucky.