• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Show us your squirrel gun for this season!

Reactions: golfer70
Ya know I was just thinking I shoulda mentioned that...

The Brocock Ranger is a .22 cal and my Cricket Tactical is in .30 cal. And the Cricket loves to play out "yander". So far, critters haven't been 'holding up well' out at the tree line (130'ish yards)
And I also should have asked... what pellet weight and velocity ?

well, both rifles are outta da box stock...

the Ranger shoots JSB Exact Jumbo's 15.89s at about 700fps average. it's very quiet too. i have a personal "challenge" i call "birds on da wire" and the Ranger is knocking down starling sized birds out at 79 yards (best so far). the wire is the power lines across the road.

for da Cricket, right now i haven't tired slugs with it yet, but... it slings JSB Exact 50 grainers at an average 919fps. not so quiet though. tired adding a Sumo... not much difference, just as Steve at AEAC said in his review of the Cricket. a friend of mine when he first saw this rifle, he said it looked like something outta "star wars"... i thought about that and thought to myself, ya know... it looks like somethings more like from MiB. so i dubbed him the "noisy cricket". :ROFLMAO:

I've used many different kinds of airguns for squirrels over the past 15+ years. Spring guns are always a classic favorite when it comes to just grabbing a tin of pellets and shooting all day without the worry of air levels. Most all my springers are tuned to 12 ft/lb and are designed to shoot smooth and quiet. The camo discovery runs around 25 ft/lb. The P-rod in my honest opinion is the best of the bunch. I have gotten this one to 16 ft/lbs with 16 grain predator poly-mags. And my longest kill shot is 56 yards. With the rocker1 mderator its super stealthy and only adds a few inches to the already short length. All this talk about squirrel hunting is really got me looking forward to the upcoming season :)
Thanks Ray SQUIRREL_HUNT_11-13-20_.jpgMY-HW50S_A2_ (1024x374).jpgCAMO_22.JPGShort Storm.jpg

Hopefully I didn't miss a thread similar to this already. I was gearing up to get ready for our squirrel season here in September, and just thought it would be nice to see what kinda iron ya'll are toting on the first hunt this year? I know some have already started, post up anyway.

As for me, I've changed gears a bit lately, and have been screwing around with some of my PCPs. If you know me, you know I'm a pretty diehard spring gun hunter so this is quite the change of tune lol...but I'm not drifting off the road too far, it's still a low powered .177 peashooter. It will be just the ticket for the high angle treetop shots that early squirrel season always provides.

Here's my HW100 in .177 running right at 12fpe, in "Carbine" mode. Wearing a 3-9X40 Nikon Target EFR:
View attachment 281594
View attachment 281606
View attachment 281607
Right now it sports a CZ hammer forged barrel, a lightened and shortened hammer, and an extended pellet probe to seat the pellet fully into the bore. It also has the top of the receiver drilled and tapped for three setscrews that make the barrel mounting more rigid, and quick to change with the airtube still in place. All I need to do now is find my front sling stud and screw it in place of the front action screw and I'm set.

I saved a little weight over my old standby HW77K, this setup weighs 8.8lbs and is a little shorter at 38 inches OAL. Looking forward to dragging this one through the woods this year. Definitely not as cool and powerful as the newer toys most of you guys have, but it will get the job done.

Let's see what you are hitting the woods with!
Neat setup!

Reactions: thumper
I’ll be the odd one out here, this is one of my favorite PCP’s I’ve ever owned.
Benjamin Maximus in .22 stock tune
Gravmag 9S turns it into a 10 shot repeater
6.5 TKO makes this quieter than my marauder was
Nikko Stirling 4-12x50 I believe on top, super nice clear optic for the price
Taken many squirrels with it out to 60 yards with this, and it’s just a blast to shoot.

E64168E8-1AD7-48CC-8901-AB9C99AA9238.jpeg

46875019-F07E-44F3-A024-271133E5DF17.png

I have 7 to choose from but on my annual labor day hunt earlier this month while It normally wears it's BPL clothes I recently was able to get an Aeron FT stock for field use which I really enjoyed using. I got all 6 of these guys (out of total of 50 over the trip Fri - Tues) with it 5 of the 6 out of an oak tree (which is somewhat rare for ground squirrels but yes they will live in tress too) the guy on the far left was at 65 yds and about 25 ft below me all shot with .25 19.9 Barracuda Green since I was in a lead free area in CA. Love my R500!

R500 Aeron.jpeg

6 Pack.jpeg