Show us your squirrel gun for this season!

Todd I believe you have perfected the Kral squirrel gun. We need them to come out with a factory NP03 in this configuration.
Their new lineup isn't impressing me, but if I could get them to make a jig for this stock setup, I bet they'd sell a ton with the np03 sized gun. A regulated 22 setup would be a hot seller I'd think. The only drawback with this one is the low shot count. Most people want a million shots with 1000 fpe and a 30" rifle! I know I do!

Reactions: EdinGa
I think this one is an undeniable seller. Hell guys are still paying $400 for a p-rod, they’ll dish out $300-350 for a thumbhole 03. It would look real slick with that $200 sidewinder Patners had in the classifieds forever. Can’t believe that’s still there lol.
Thays my next purchase is good glass for it. The westhunter isn't bad, but over 12x it gets a little distorted/fuzzy and I can't get it to focus clear at 40 and under. Turn it down its fine, or longer ranges it's great.
Those sidewinders are pretty expensive new, if I wasn't paying down the Christmas debt and taxes(1099 independent) I'd be all over that.

I remember you telling me that with the scope. My sniper scopes are very clear and work well, gather alot of light for a 1" tube. Theyre just old school tech and kind of bulky. My 4-16x44 is still my favorite, 3-9x32 is the runner up.

Eventually I will get a hawke, but it'll be their higher end offerings. Had an eclipse and it was heavy and the illuminated reticle was a joke on even the highest setting.

Bringing this back up since our season is about to end and I'm working on my next season's gun. I wanted a thumbhole stock for my mini 25 mega I made and the only one Kral has is for a bottle gun. I had the mega stock already, and almost sold it off, but kept coming back to the idea of bonding the 2 stocks together.

It needs to be finished up, but I just got it pinned together and fixed with fiberglass resin. Probably going to finish it up this weekend and smoothed out. Most likely matte black finish or go with a camo job.

Tuned for 24 shots at 800 fps with polymags and they stack out to 50 so far, which will be my limit anyhow with this gun. This is also the only gun I've ever had shoot the crow magnums with accuracy. It's actually giving me one hole groups with them as long as I sort the pellets. Those are going to be nasty hitting a squirrel's noggin!

She's all of 33.5" long and under 8lbs scoped with bipod. Quiet enough to not alert the neighbors either.

View attachment 331385
View attachment 331386

You do some really cool work with the Krals! If you ever want to do a writeup on that mini bullpup you did, I'd love to take a look at making one for my wife.

You do some really cool work with the Krals! If you ever want to do a writeup on that mini bullpup you did, I'd love to take a look at making one for my wife.
Pretty simple, you just gotta buy 2 or 3 guns to make one out of and have a bunch of parts scattered everywhere!

Really though, you need an np03 and a breaker. Swap tube and barrel on to the breaker and cut the stock down for the length of the tube. I cut 1.5" off the butt as well to get it as compact as I could.

You could run the breaker shroud and tube on the np03 after, just need another short barrel if you want baffles vs a moderator at the end of a 20" barrel.

Best option is wait til they pop up cheap in the classifieds or refurb on PA. Can make one for $300-$500, depending where you get them both.

That Kral carbine is sweet! 👍
Just added another to the list today of my squirrel getters !
Notos is no slouch with some old stock 16 grain JSBs. Just keeps impressing me the more I shoot it! 😎👊🎯
44 yards today with one
IMG_20230211_154048.jpg
IMG_20230211_153913.jpg
IMG_20230211_174101.jpg
mil hold over!
Zeroed at 30.

There have been a lot of adjustments that I've had to make since moving from a rural town in Utah to just outside Chicago. One of those adjustments is how the government handles hunting. After much research, the missus and I have decided it's easier to small game hunt with our airguns in neighboring Indiana vs here in Illinois. We missed this year's small game season, but I've been spending a lot of free time dialing in our airguns so we can get practicing at the range. I can't wait to share pics of the guns from next week's range session!

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckHunter
Reactions: ChuckHunter
There have been a lot of adjustments that I've had to make since moving from a rural town in Utah to just outside Chicago. One of those adjustments is how the government handles hunting. After much research, the missus and I have decided it's easier to small game hunt with our airguns in neighboring Indiana vs here in Illinois. We missed this year's small game season, but I've been spending a lot of free time dialing in our airguns so we can get practicing at the range. I can't wait to share to guns from next week's range session!
Do you just need an Indiana hunting license for small game? I know out of state deer tags can get expensive, dunno how it works for the lil critters.

Reactions: UCChris
There have been a lot of adjustments that I've had to make since moving from a rural town in Utah to just outside Chicago. One of those adjustments is how the government handles hunting. After much research, the missus and I have decided it's easier to small game hunt with our airguns in neighboring Indiana vs here in Illinois. We missed this year's small game season, but I've been spending a lot of free time dialing in our airguns so we can get practicing at the range. I can't wait to share to guns from next week's range session!
Oh my Illinois is one gun unfriendly state!
Especially in and around Chicago.
Good move hunting surrounding states!
Michigan is now very airgun friendly for hunting too. And small game is open until March 31st.

Reactions: UCChris
Do you just need an Indiana hunting license for small game? I know out of state deer tags can get expensive, dunno how it works for the lil critters.

Yes, need an non-resident license to the tune of $90 each. But at least we can use airguns with LDC's without worry of a power tripping game warden wanting to make a stink about a .22 pellet gun being defined as a firearm.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Yes, need an non-resident license to the tune of $90 each. But at least we can use airguns with LDC's without worry of a power tripping game warden wanting to make a stink about a .22 pellet gun being defined as a firearm.
That is crazy how they treat airguns there. NJ is another one thats bad, like forbidden there. Funny how they have super tough gun laws and yet... do stay safe and I hope you're not in the epicenter of all that nonsense.