Show us your squirrel gun for this season!

Finally starting to get my .22 FX Maverick compact tuned and sighted in. Recently mounted an Athlon 6-24x Midas Tac. Squirrel was cutting branches in the yard and had to be taken out! His buddies are next. I haven't yet got try out any JSB Hades.....this was using JSB 18.13gr. at 930fps.

Range approximately 40 yds.

20221004_185614.jpg

Finally starting to get my .22 FX Maverick compact tuned and sighted in. Recently mounted an Athlon 6-24x Midas Tac. Squirrel was cutting branches in the yard and had to be taken out! His buddies are next. I haven't yet got try out any JSB Hades.....this was using JSB 18.13gr. at 930fps.

View attachment 298448
Nice looking gun. Did you make that focus knob on your scope ?

View attachment 298448
Beautiful Maverick! Mine was 22 caliber before I changed it up to a 25 caliber, it shot the Hades pellet VERY well up to 950fps. I assume yours will also love them, and squirrels HATE them 😈

Can’t wait to try it out this year. Just arrived last week in time for the 15th season opening.
Daystaye Huntsman Revere, .22.

Last year was my first year to use air rifle. HW97 in .20, great gun but a little heavy in the woods.

View attachment 281763

I haven't done any real squirrel hunting in several years, but I did recently buy a Revere, also in .22. I have used it as a back yard squirrel/pest control tool, and it has been excellent. Distances are up to 35 yards or so, not extremely long, but far enough for a fair test of the rifle. The only thing I have done to mine is the removal of the barrel ring. It rattled enough to bother me, and it shoots fine without it. If yours does the same, you can either remove it, or tape the inside of the ring to silence it. I didn't want to do that, because I don't like creating pressure against the barrel. It's a great rifle, enjoy!

Reactions: SOULMUD13
Updated my Impact M3 with a .22, 800mm tensioned barrel, NSA slug probe, power block, tungsten hammer and a 700cc bottle. Shooting 35 grain NSA slugs at 1020fps like a laser beam. Popping off headshots on these fleabag, tree climbing rats at 70 yards in the tops of pecan and oak trees like it's a video game. Not very portable, but from the back porch, drinking my morning coffee, it is a sniper's delight.

228001.jpg