Show us your squirrel gun for this season!

Hopefully I didn't miss a thread similar to this already. I was gearing up to get ready for our squirrel season here in September, and just thought it would be nice to see what kinda iron ya'll are toting on the first hunt this year? I know some have already started, post up anyway.

As for me, I've changed gears a bit lately, and have been screwing around with some of my PCPs. If you know me, you know I'm a pretty diehard spring gun hunter so this is quite the change of tune lol...but I'm not drifting off the road too far, it's still a low powered .177 peashooter. It will be just the ticket for the high angle treetop shots that early squirrel season always provides.

Here's my HW100 in .177 running right at 12fpe, in "Carbine" mode. Wearing a 3-9X40 Nikon Target EFR:
HW100 Carbine.jpg

IMG_20200714_203704.jpg

IMG_20200814_193843.jpg

Right now it sports a CZ hammer forged barrel, a lightened and shortened hammer, and an extended pellet probe to seat the pellet fully into the bore. It also has the top of the receiver drilled and tapped for three setscrews that make the barrel mounting more rigid, and quick to change with the airtube still in place. All I need to do now is find my front sling stud and screw it in place of the front action screw and I'm set.

I saved a little weight over my old standby HW77K, this setup weighs 8.8lbs and is a little shorter at 38 inches OAL. Looking forward to dragging this one through the woods this year. Definitely not as cool and powerful as the newer toys most of you guys have, but it will get the job done.

Let's see what you are hitting the woods with!

sorry for the bad pic, but it’s the only pic I have. Impact M3 in .22 compact with a 480 bottle, will probably throw the 300 back on for season. It’s got a 4-16 element helix on it, and shooting Fx 18.1 pellets. Can’t wait to get it in the woods. I’m running out of groundhogs around me.

88735EDB-5D99-44B0-B084-12467C6E8CA2.jpeg

574EB80D-FEA9-4B0C-99C6-6A84D927394B.jpeg
0B0547C4-C4E7-4817-8055-B6EA8B4AEDCB.jpeg

Our season opens the 15th of this month. Hunting rig 1 is a RTI 177 compact shooting KO 10gr slugs. Rig 2 is a dreamline 22 compact shooting 17.5 gr slugs. At the beginning of season I’m using the 22. later on in the season when squirrels start running the ground I like using the 177 compact for a tree stand rig.

Oh, please, for Saint Pete's sake, send some squirrels to Peru...!

I keep reading about the excitement of squirrel hunting — but in my neck of the wood squirrels are extremely rare.... 😞

Happy hunting!! 😊👍🏼

Matthias
you can bate them in with peanuts or peanut butter . A finger full wiped on a branch of a few trees to lure them into your area , might take a few weeks but they will come .

• Haha
Reactions: 450BM and OldSpook
Not as fancy as others posted, but it never fails to get the job done. Kral NP02/03 FrankinKral in 22cal, sourced all parts individually for this gun. Light, handy and accurate running 18.13s at 860.

Happy hunting gent’s!

Beau

View attachment 281692
You have good taste. That looks to be an excellent choice.

Reactions: moodyblues