Show us your Krals!

What pellets have you tired? It may need a little TLC on the barrel. Push a pellet through and feel how tight/loose it is or if it has spots besides the choke that are too tight. Check crown for any burrs or off centerness. Loose screws holding barrel. Shroud end cap for contact with pellets or remove it and try some shots to see if it is sending pellets off course. Loose or bad scope, rings tightened down. Lot of things to look at.

What pellets have you tired? It may need a little TLC on the barrel. Push a pellet through and feel how tight/loose it is or if it has spots besides the choke that are too tight. Check crown for any burrs or off centerness. Loose screws holding barrel. Shroud end cap for contact with pellets or remove it and try some shots to see if it is sending pellets off course. Loose or bad scope, rings tightened down. Lot of things to look at.
I am shooting 1.7" spinner targets at about 60 yards in a forested area with little wind.
With NP03 in .177 I have tried:
-Crosman Premier Domed 10.5 grains
These are the ones that are the best in my other 3-4 .177 PCPs
-Crosman Premier Hollow Point 7.9 grains
-Winchester round nose pellets 7.6 grains
-Gamo Tomahawk
-Norma Golden Trophy FT Heavy 9.1 grain pellets

None of the above pellets hit my targets more than 20-50% of my shots.

For instance with the .177 Avenger, Nova Liberty, Nova Freedom I can hit my targets about 70-80% of the time.
The .22 cal version of the above will get 80-100% hits.

The choked barrel on the Kral airguns make them inacurate with many pellets and accurate with few (if you are patient enough to find those few).
Choked barrels are an abomination.

Kratos Bottle n Walnut 05.jpg
Kral Bottle n Walnut 22.jpg
Kral Bottle n Walnut 19.jpg

I am shooting 1.7" spinner targets at about 60 yards in a forested area with little wind.
With NP03 in .177 I have tried:
-Crosman Premier Domed 10.5 grains
These are the ones that are the best in my other 3-4 .177 PCPs
-Crosman Premier Hollow Point 7.9 grains
-Winchester round nose pellets 7.6 grains
-Gamo Tomahawk
-Norma Golden Trophy FT Heavy 9.1 grain pellets

None of the above pellets hit my targets more than 20-50% of my shots.

For instance with the .177 Avenger, Nova Liberty, Nova Freedom I can hit my targets about 70-80% of the time.
The .22 cal version of the above will get 80-100% hits.

The choked barrel on the Kral airguns make them inacurate with many pellets and accurate with few (if you are patient enough to find those few).
Choked barrels are an abomination.
My Krals are .22s but they do really well with JSBs. Like joedirt mentioned, I would definitely try those in .177 if I had a Kral in that caliber.

Also my NP03 did have tight spots in the barrel and it was pretty accurate until it quickly fouled. I gave it a good polish and it now keeps the accuracy for much longer.

If you haven't done it, I would also run a string over a chrony to make sure it isn't doing funny things with velocity.

My Krals are .22s but they do really well with JSBs. Like joedirt mentioned, I would definitely try those in .177 if I had a Kral in that caliber.

Also my NP03 did have tight spots in the barrel and it was pretty accurate until it quickly fouled. I gave it a good polish and it now keeps the accuracy for much longer.

If you haven't done it, I would also run a string over a chrony to make sure it isn't doing funny things with velocity.
I have never polished a barrel. I will do some research on that.

I have never polished a barrel. I will do some research on that.

I think the tight spot in the barrel is the choke, since Kral has choked barrels.
The choke screws up accuracy with many pellets, but apparently works well with very soft (and very expensive) pellets.

I think the tight spot in the barrel is the choke, since Kral has choked barrels.
The choke screws up accuracy with many pellets, but apparently works well with very soft (and very expensive) pellets.
The choke is definitely long and fairly tight in my NP03 but I meant that there were tight spots in the length of the barrel.

I reduced the power on my .22 NP03 so that it now shoots JSB Express at 800 fps with about 20 fps spread over 43 shots. I had it adjusted for JSB 15.89s at 800 fps but I realized that I wasn't utilizing the extra power.

At 25 yards, my NP03 hits a 2mm bullseyes pretty regularly. I think I can improve it slightly by polishing the trigger components.

20230325_165803~2.jpg

1sr run of the PB complete with bad valve and side lever. Sorted out, boosted to 42+ fpe, now shooting Hades at 22-23 fpe. Dead squirrel all agree, the gun is a killer. Easy to use in the field.
9186.jpg

First run of the Knight, when it was still called the Nemesis. Has been a good shooter and still has room to improve. Currently 53 fpe. I am not man enough to pack this one in the field for hours at a time. She's a bit larger.

IMG_20200514_115212395_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
My Kral Bighorn 25 will be getting a boost to power and flexibility soon.

I am at present running a 4500 psi 500cc cf tank, Bulldog springs, either a Pitbull power spring or oem Bulldog spring, Troys magic and valve and no vrs. I get 88 FPE with my 44.5 grain MPMolds hp now with a 18 inch unchoked barrel. It is both light weight and handy.

DCB8DE6B-B794-4B9E-8150-CD2402D80DA3.jpeg

Soon it will have a 28 inch 25 acp .250 1-14 twist TJ barrel, with a tensioned non vented shroud. After I find out what kind of power I can obtain flat out, I suspect it will be right on the edge of super-sonic. I am hoping for to detune to a sedated 100 FPE.

This will allow me to switch in minutes from a small handy powerhouse to a long range rifle with two set screws to switch barrels and change between the Reflex and my Hawk Sidewinder 4-16 with the use of lever mounts and the laser to re-zero.

I am really liking this robust package.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Last edited:
Got my empire x last Sunday. Problems problems problems. Action being changed this Sunday. But I love it. Oiling the dark walnut stock today. Shame accurate action.:(:D
Refinished the stock today. New action coming on Saturday Evening. Be the end of the problems I hope🤞
View attachment 344382View attachment 344383
What kind of oil did you use on this and just wiped on or did you sand it and refinish? Looks good! Not over the top shiny.

Well I put my 25 jumbo under the knife again and swapped back to 22 cal, but with a barrel from an np01. This thing only has a 10.75" barrel and it's doing 35 fpe on the settings from the 25.

930 fps with 18s, and 930 fps with 14.3s, so the barrel is obviously maxed out. Shooting MRDs right at 800 fps just a sqeak over 36 fpe. Baracudas are doing 870 fps.

My goals was highly exceeded, I want only 25 fpe out of this rig and higher shot count, but maybe I'll go for 30 fpe at 100 shots? We'll see. Haven't tested accuracy, just numbers.

Sitting right at 34.5" OAL, could knock it back to 32.5" if I swap the koi for a tanto I have.
20230401_170246.jpg