Show us your Krals!

Stretch,
check the screws in the top of the receiver area. For proper tightness as these secure the barrel at the breech end. This happened to my puncher after passing it around at deer camp last year and quite a bit of shooting groups suddenly looked like a shotgun pattern when befor they were 1 inch and less out to 45 yrds.
mine were not just loose but actually gone!
fell out. This will definitely effect pattern size.
By the way, can anyone tell me where I can get replacements in the US.

:sick: this was a gross oversight on someones part (me,lol)
I just never thoughtbto check em. It was all good
Until it wasn't.
Hi all
When I stripped np02 the top of barrel o rings sliced off from grub screw holes
Also changed o rings on air cylinder and leade o ring in barrel
One barrel band grub screw was loose.
Hopefully slight poi problem solved.

Hi Pete
You will enjoy that😁
Its annoying when things like that start happening pete it then turns in to a process of elimination.
I'm sure at the end of the day you will have found the cause one way or another.
Hopefully you get it back shooting right
I have abit of work to do to mine aswell as not quite 100% how I'd like it .
You will have anti tamper screws in your gun pete not allowing you to remove barrel and adjust hammer etc
Regards
Paul
I don't have the tools or skill to do that Paul.

One last try to see if I can figure this out without voiding my warranty. I cleaned the barrel, filled to 200 bar, checked the barrel screws (thanks @hushpuppy ), double checked the scope and rings, kept it at the same tune as before for 850 +/- fps and here's the results. The left target is shooting Crosman 10.5 gr pellets and the right was shooting H&N 13 gr slugs. Same aim point, zero wind, 50 yds. Two of the 14 rounds with the Crosmans weren't even on paper. But just like last time I had a few that grouped very nicely but the rest were way off. One shot I actually saw fly an arc to the right and hitting about a foot off the POA. I sent an email to PA and I'm hoping they'll do the right thing and take it back without too much fuss.

2 magazines.jpg

I don't have the tools or skill to do that Paul.
Hi Pete
Use single shot tray with chrono
If still not grouping remove barrel band it's only 2 grub screws and slide it off air tube and shoot again all without silencer attached
You should have brass plug in scope rail covering one of the grub screws you need to remove too release the barrel.
It's easy to remove this plug but the others for the hammer are abit more involved pete.
Obviously if you remove plug warranty out the window.
Dont overlook the obvious scope mounts / the stock bolt is fully tightened / also check if probe is central when inserted into the barrel with no magazine or shot tray.
There is an o ring where probe goes into the barrel but without removing barrel it will be nigh on impossible to check properly.
Do them 2 things first and let us know how you get on pete and I will assist you anyway I can.
Process of elimination?
Dont get disheartened she will sing again.
Regards
Paul

One last try to see if I can figure this out without voiding my warranty. I cleaned the barrel, filled to 200 bar, checked the barrel screws (thanks @hushpuppy ), double checked the scope and rings, kept it at the same tune as before for 850 +/- fps and here's the results. The left target is shooting Crosman 10.5 gr pellets and the right was shooting H&N 13 gr slugs. Same aim point, zero wind, 50 yds. Two of the 14 rounds with the Crosmans weren't even on paper. But just like last time I had a few that grouped very nicely but the rest were way off. One shot I actually saw fly an arc to the right and hitting about a foot off the POA. I sent an email to PA and I'm hoping they'll do the right thing and take it back without too much fuss.

View attachment 361777
Hi stretch
What other pellets besides crosman have you shot out of your gun if you don't mind me asking.
I'm not too surprised with the slug groups.
I shot my np02 at the range yesterday with 2 types of slug same diameter same grain and one type grouped worse than yours @35yrds and the other was very good consistantly" the only difference was shape of slug.
I shot various pellets got some bad groups then shot h&n ftt and groups tightened right up" still not 100% but a massive improvement .
It was my first outing with the gun in 22 cal and I learned a fair bit about it.
Its s shame when things like this happen as it tends to the put you off that brand of gun" but as dr kralenstein will tell you with a bit of work they can be very good.
Send back under warranty but give kral a second chance before giving up on them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle

View attachment 361777
That’s disappointing. Let us know how PA treats you.

Last edited:
Hi Paul I spent a very interesting day yesterday. I did a very big session shooting through the chrono. I hope you can make sense of it. The list of three columns is where to start. The extreme right column top is shot number one. I started just recording the speed but at shot 72 started to put the ftlbs in also. When I reached shot 111 I decided To shoot five 5 shot groups but I continued to put the info next to the shot. I also enclose the groups. The lowest speed recorded was 777.9 11.39 and the highest was 825.5 12.83 The five groups were the end of the test. Groups were shots from shot 112 to 137. I dont know it there is a clue there. I will put this on the forum. Regards Pete.

ReportEdit

[IMG alt="Telephonepete"]https://www.airgunnation.com/data/avatars/s/49/49443.jpg?1678629949[/IMG]

Write your reply...
Attach files

Conversation info​

Participants2Replies1Last reply date10 minutes agoLast reply fromTelephonepete

Conversation participants​

1. [IMG alt="aroundlocks"]https://www.airgunnation.com/data/avatars/s/28/28202.jpg?1681550579[/IMG]
    aroundlocks
  2. [IMG alt="Telephonepete"]https://www.airgunnation.com/data/avatars/s/49/49443.jpg?1678629949[/IMG]
    Telephonepete

Sorry about this mess refers to my above post I couldnt face the typing again hope you can make sense of it. I sent it first to my Pal Paul (aroundlocks) Then made a mess of it trying to put it on the forum. Any help appreciated. The problem is intermitent frequent Flyers that are definitely Flyers. Pellet is QYS Domed 8.48gr. Distance of groups is 25 yards. Lowest reading was 777.9 11.39ftlbs. Highest was 12.83ftlbs Total 135 shots approx. Hopefully there is a clue there. As far as the groups go 25 yards rested in a lively little wind.
59815C65-A535-4E88-B300-DB1A69A59ADF.jpeg
B66CC4AB-7DE9-400C-8785-709AF6E2B3B8.jpeg
1D2CD987-8F63-4AA0-AD0C-C0151BDA3615.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi stretch
What other pellets besides crosman have you shot out of your gun if you don't mind me asking.

Crosmans, and today, Gamos. Sadly those were what Walmart had so not the best quality I'm sure. I tried to stick with 10.5 gr pellets since I've already tuned for them. I'd be surprised if I got 1 MOA accuracy, much less sub MOA with el cheapo ammo, but I would expect them to be able to stay inside a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper at 50 yds, and none of the pellets did.

Today I repeated the same test as yesterday. Cleaned the bore, filled to 200 bar and shot in near windless conditions to 50 yds. Same type of target as yesterday. Today I used the single shot tray. I shot roughly 15 rounds at one target and another 15 at the other. Accuracy got progressively worse with each shot. My first 5 rounds were within 2" but the next 5 filled the entire sheet of paper. I tried different speeds, no change, the accuracy was abysmal. I'm 99.9% certain it's an issue with the barrel (probably the crown) but I'd rather not risk voiding the warranty on a rifle I've only had a few days.

I'm calling PA tomorrow.

Reactions: aroundlocks
Sorry about this mess refers to my above post I couldnt face the typing again hope you can make sense of it. I sent it first to my Pal Paul (aroundlocks) Then made a mess of it trying to put it on the forum. Any help appreciated. The problem is intermitent frequent Flyers that are definitely Flyers. Pellet is QYS Domed 8.48gr. Distance of groups is 25 yards. Lowest reading was 777.9 11.39ftlbs. Highest was 12.83ftlbs Total 135 shots approx. Hopefully there is a clue there. As far as the groups go 25 yards rested in

Crosmans, and today, Gamos. Sadly those were what Walmart had so not the best quality I'm sure. I tried to stick with 10.5 gr pellets since I've already tuned for them. I'd be surprised if I got 1 MOA accuracy, much less sub MOA with el cheapo ammo, but I would expect them to be able to stay inside a 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of paper at 50 yds, and none of the pellets did.

Today I repeated the same test as yesterday. Cleaned the bore, filled to 200 bar and shot in near windless conditions to 50 yds. Same type of target as yesterday. Today I used the single shot tray. I shot roughly 15 rounds at one target and another 15 at the other. Accuracy got progressively worse with each shot. My first 5 rounds were within 2" but the next 5 filled the entire sheet of paper. I tried different speeds, no change, the accuracy was abysmal. I'm 99.9% certain it's an issue with the barrel (probably the crown) but I'd rather not risk voiding the warranty on a rifle I've only had a few days.

I'm calling PA tomorrow.
Hi stretch
Fair play for trying again
You should not have to mess about with a new gun .
And if you are not happy your well within your rights to return it.
The British guns have anti tamper so you cannot even remove barrel without voiding warranty.
I personally would try an exchange gun if you can and give it another go.
It's a shame bud and good on you for persevering.
Let us know how you get on

@Stretch

If you've only tried the crosman 10.5s and the gamo pellets(junk), I'd definitely try some others before dismissing th gun as bad. I would try some H&N baracuda 4.52mm head size. As for slugs, the chokes on these barrels are tight, slugs don't like chokes typically.

Also, cleaning the barrel every time can be detrimental. Might need to shoot a few hundred pellets and then start testing. Gotta season up the lands and grooves of the rifling.

@Stretch

If you've only tried the crosman 10.5s and the gamo pellets(junk), I'd definitely try some others before dismissing th gun as bad. I would try some H&N baracuda 4.52mm head size. As for slugs, the chokes on these barrels are tight, slugs don't like chokes typically.

Also, cleaning the barrel every time can be detrimental. Might need to shoot a few hundred pellets and then start testing. Gotta season up the lands and grooves of the rifling.
This. If I judged most of my guns with clean barrels, I wouldn’t have many guns. Every barrel is different when it comes to how many pellets it takes for it to level out. Like others have said, you can’t make a gun like a pellet. Even in my highest quality guns, I at least test 5 different brands and weights. I have a really good gun that is very particular about which pellet it likes. If I wasn’t fortunate enough to have had that pellet on hand for testing, I would have wrapped the gun around a tree.

@Telephonepete

That string looks pretty good. The groups are not terrible either but I would want better too.

There's a lot of things to try out, but to help narrow it down if you haven't done so, I like to shoot at competition cards with a single shot per bull. That way I can see any patterns clearly throughout the fill. For me, that helped to reveal that some ammo was not as consistent as I thought. This also helped to figure the optimal start and end fill pressure for accuracy.

I only have .22 Krals but they strongly favor JSBs. Also, my Krals are most consistent from 2500/2600 psi down to 1800 psi or so.

In both of my Krals, I changed out the hammer spring to shorter and stiffer springs to give free flight to the hammer. This did help to eliminate fliers and improve the guns overall. I also polished the barrels in both of them. This also helped with accuracy and to decrease how often the barrels fouled.

From the factory, my NP03 needed the polishing more, it was very accurate for about 20 shots then the bore would get very dirty and require 7-8 pull through patches to clean. It now can do about 100-200 shots and needs 1-2 patches to clean.

My Puncher Mega is more accurate, unsuprisingly. Below demonstrates the progression as I improved it. First pic shows 25 yard 5 shot groups with JSBs from my Puncher after changing the hammer spring. The second pic is testing different ammo after bore polishing at the same distance. The last is a 25 yard card after changing the hammer spring again and I realizing that JSB heavies worked better than 15.89s. My Mega may do slightly better now as I have a better bipod and worked on the trigger.

Good luck with the NP02!

20221226_113000~2.jpg

20230105_121424~2.jpg

20230409_161904~2.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Pete
Use single shot tray with chrono
If still not grouping remove barrel band it's only 2 grub screws and slide it off air tube and shoot again all without silencer attached
You should have brass plug in scope rail covering one of the grub screws you need to remove too release the barrel.
It's easy to remove this plug but the others for the hammer are abit more involved pete.
Obviously if you remove plug warranty out the window.
Dont overlook the obvious scope mounts / the stock bolt is fully tightened / also check if probe is central when inserted into the barrel with no magazine or shot tray.
There is an o ring where probe goes into the barrel but without removing barrel it will be nigh on impossible to check properly.
Do them 2 things first and let us know how you get on pete and I will assist you anyway I can.
Process of elimination?
Dont get disheartened she will sing again.
Regards
Paul
I have not found a single shot tray that works properly. If you can suggest one I will glADLY BUY IT
@Telephonepete

That string looks pretty good. The groups are not terrible either but I would want better too.

There's a lot of things to try but to help narrow it down if you haven't done so.

I like to shoot at competition cards with a single shot per bull. That way I can see any patterns clearly throughout the fill. For me, that helped to reveal that some ammo was not as consistent as I thought. This also helped to figure the optimal start and end fill pressure for accuracy.

I only have .22 Krals but they strongly favor JSBs. Also, my Krals are most consistent from 2500/2600 psi down to 1800 psi or so.

In both of my Krals, I changed out the hammer spring to shorter and stiffer springs to give free flight to the hammer. This did help to eliminate fliers and improve the guns overall. I also polished the barrels in both of them. This also helped with accuracy and to decrease how often the barrels fouled.

From the factory, my NP03 needed the polishing more, it was very accurate for about 20 shots then the bore would get very dirty and require 7-8 pull through patches to clean. It now can do about 100-200 shots and needs 1-2 patches to clean.

My Puncher Mega is more accurate, unsuprisingly. Below demonstrates the progression as I improved it. First pic shows 25 yard 5 shot groups with JSBs from my Puncher after changing the hammer spring. The second pic is testing different ammo after bore polishing at the same distance. The last is a 25 yard card after changing the hammer spring again and I realizing that JSB heavies worked better than 15.89s. My Mega may do slightly better now as I have a better bipod and worked on the trigger.

Good luck with the NP02!

View attachment 362044

View attachment 362045

View attachment 362047
Thanks very much for your reply. I am fairly competent with Springers but hopeless with PCP's. To be honest I think if I try to remove the antitamper I will really balls it up. I am close to changing the barrel. By that I mean getting my Nephew to change the barrel. The groups when I got the gun were terrible. Not worthy of the term Group. Now they are much better. I dont understand why the Chokes are made so tight. I have polished the Choke a lot and now it is nowhere near as tight as when I started. I could hardly pull a cleaning Patch through it. Even now it is much tighter that any other gun that I own. The Kral barrel is not expensive and it would be one important thing removed from the equation.

I've seen shotguns pattern better, damn.

You might have a bad barrel, but it makes no sense for it to shoot good, then go to hell like that.

I will have a session and pack up delighted Mind you still get some fliers and its not me. I know its not me I am using a front and rear bag. Rock steady. Then the next day 2 inch groups or 3 pellets on top of each other then one an inch away.

I am after a single shot loader that will reliably work on my Np02. I have tried three. A swing out one I had off Ebay is fine with long pellets but mangles every shorter pellet. The one that comes with the gun about 90%of the pellets go in backwards. Another tray one was even worse. So any recomendations please?
Hi Pete
I printed a single loader in 22 it's fine.
I shall see if I can print 177 and test it sometime today.
Other than that carm are well and truly tried and tested magazine manufacturers who do single shot tray for kral guns and magazines pete.