Show us your Krals!

I thought like you stretch I wanted my .17 Kral to shoot heavy .17 ammo. I’ve settled for the 10.5 weight. Very accurate
Mine shot those good too, but I can't find them local, so I switched to the 7.9 at Walmart. They shot just a bit better, and I was able to run the lower power tune and conserve air. That gun was a sparrow reaper.
20220723_203423.jpg

Reactions: Perle
You're chasing your tail on accuracy with messing with the barrel. Krals have very good barrels. What they don't have is insight. They stick the same hammer and spring in all the NP line of guns. It's too much for the 16" np03 barrel, let alone the shorter np01 or np02 barrels.

First: GET A CHRONY BEFORE ANY TUNING!

B: take the hammer sping out and go to a hardware store. Match the outer diameter, but get a thicker wire spring. Shorter as well, or cut down. You need the hammer to stop bouncing and wasting air.

4th: tune the gun to run about 880-920 fps thru your shot string with whatever pellet you want, just keep them in that range. It'll tighten up groups alot.

Lastly: the flyers you are getting are from the velocity being too high and the air is blasting put behind the pellet causing turbulence.

Allowing hammer free flight improved my Krals greatly.

I am working on a debounce device for my BSA Ultra which is generally very accurate too except for a couple of shots per fill.

Allowing hammer free flight improved my Krals greatly.

I am working on a debounce device for my BSA Ultra which is generally very accurate too except for a couple of shots per fill.
I just picked up a scorpion a few months back and now have a gently used ultra coming from AoA.
I've had the scorpion up to 50 fpe, but only 15 shots. Going to try and tune it for slugs around 45 fpe for 20 shots. The ultra will be brought up to about 15 fpe and used for bird pesting. Awesome guns.

You're chasing your tail on accuracy with messing with the barrel. Krals have very good barrels. What they don't have is insight. They stick the same hammer and spring in all the NP line of guns. It's too much for the 16" np03 barrel, let alone the shorter np01 or np02 barrels.

First: GET A CHRONY BEFORE ANY TUNING!

B: take the hammer sping out and go to a hardware store. Match the outer diameter, but get a thicker wire spring. Shorter as well, or cut down. You need the hammer to stop bouncing and wasting air.

4th: tune the gun to run about 880-920 fps thru your shot string with whatever pellet you want, just keep them in that range. It'll tighten up groups alot.

Lastly: the flyers you are getting are from the velocity being too high and the air is blasting put behind the pellet causing turbulence.
Thanks for the reply. Regarding your remark about velocity, the gun is outputting just over 12ftlbs and its .177.

Hi Pete
Use the one that came with it
I 3d printed my own flip out job.
Try the original one bud see how you get on .
I dont think it's your barrel
The mags have lots of tension and some do damage skirts.
Check chronograph readings aswell why you're shooting your groups.
My np02 in 22cal shot h&n ftt in a tight group at 30yrds/ then I filled back up reloaded same pellets and shot an inch or so off next group?.
I put single shot loader in and shot slugs" they out shot the h&n .
The np02 loves slugs .
I will get to the bottom of it when I get back to the range.
I shall remove barrel band aswell to see if air tube pressure is causing the problem.
Regards
Paul
Hi Paul I will have a long session shooting through my chrono with a notebook close at hand today.

Reactions: aroundlocks
Hi Paul I will have a long session shooting through my chrono with a notebook close at hand today.
Hi Pete
You will enjoy that😁
Its annoying when things like that start happening pete it then turns in to a process of elimination.
I'm sure at the end of the day you will have found the cause one way or another.
Hopefully you get it back shooting right
I have abit of work to do to mine aswell as not quite 100% how I'd like it .
You will have anti tamper screws in your gun pete not allowing you to remove barrel and adjust hammer etc
Regards
Paul

Last edited:
Ok, this Puncher Breaker has me completely confused. This morning I cleaned the bore and it was filthy! Three wet patches and four dry patches later it was clean. Then I shot 6 rounds over a chrony with the Crosman 10.5 gr pellets to adjust the speed to around 850 fps. Then the next 5 rounds looked like this:

IMG_20230603_071325964.jpg

Great! I could have pulled that one shot and I'm thinking that was the problem, the bore was dirty. Then I shot 3 more magazines and it's hitting all over the place. Here's what another target looked like after shooting a full magazine (14 rounds) at the same aim point. Some shots were almost a foot high or low. I've never seen anything like this before.

IMG_20230603_071339878.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
Ok, this Puncher Breaker has me completely confused. This morning I cleaned the bore and it was filthy! Three wet patches and four dry patches later it was clean. Then I shot 6 rounds over a chrony with the Crosman 10.5 gr pellets to adjust the speed to around 850 fps. Then the next 5 rounds looked like this:

View attachment 361594

Great! I could have pulled that one shot and I'm thinking that was the problem, the bore was dirty. Then I shot 3 more magazines and it's hitting all over the place. Here's what another target looked like after shooting a full magazine (14 rounds) at the same aim point. Some shots were almost a foot high or low. I've never seen anything like this before.

View attachment 361595
I've seen shotguns pattern better, damn.

You might have a bad barrel, but it makes no sense for it to shoot good, then go to hell like that.

Just had the 25 cal jumbo out, on a bipod rest and shouldered. Getting eaten by bugs, but I still got some good groups. Only to 35 yards, but the groups stay pretty tight out to 75.
20230603_085258.jpg

The left is baracuda 30.86 grain
The right is jsb 33.95 MK2
Both are 10 shot groups! The flier on the baracuda was all on that damn aphid crawling on my open eye not behind the scope 😆

@Stretch

Do you have the shroud on the np03? Try tightenening it up or loosening it. See if that helps. I would remove it and mount a moderator directly to the barrel and try that too. Might have some flexing issues going on.

It's a Puncher Breaker, and yes (as I posted in an earlier reply) I tested it with the shroud, without and with a separate suppressor. No change.

It's a Puncher Breaker, and yes (as I posted in an earlier reply) I tested it with the shroud, without and with a separate suppressor. No change.
My bad, I've been skimming the thread lately.
You can always try ordering a new barrel from PA or CSS. I would personally put an np03 16" barrel in it, and use the muzzle bushing as an air stripper. Drill some holes all around it to vent into the rear of the shroud, and get a stack of Mrod baffles. It'll make it about as short as you can get, and quieter than with a tanto IME. Swap a short/stiff spring, tune and run it.

In 177, set up the way I described, you should get about the same power, less noise and more efficient. I was getting 60 shots in a 22 breaker with it cranked to 36 fpe out of the 16" barrel, and it was super quiet. Stacked polymags and hades all day.

My bad, I've been skimming the thread lately.
You can always try ordering a new barrel from PA or CSS. I would personally put an np03 16" barrel in it, and use the muzzle bushing as an air stripper. Drill some holes all around it to vent into the rear of the shroud, and get a stack of Mrod baffles. It'll make it about as short as you can get, and quieter than with a tanto IME. Swap a short/stiff spring, tune and run it.

In 177, set up the way I described, you should get about the same power, less noise and more efficient. I was getting 60 shots in a 22 breaker with it cranked to 36 fpe out of the 16" barrel, and it was super quiet. Stacked polymags and hades all day.

I've only had the rifle a couple days so before I start investing in modifying the rifle I want to see if it's worth keeping first. If I can't figure out what's wrong (or if I do and it requires new parts) I'll just return it and get an Akela. I know I can get replacement parts from Benjamin.

I've only had the rifle a couple days so before I start investing in modifying the rifle I want to see if it's worth keeping first. If I can't figure out what's wrong (or if I do and it requires new parts) I'll just return it and get an Akela. I know I can get replacement parts from Benjamin.
That stinks man. It is an odd problem

Scope ? Any chance ?

No new gun should be this much hassle Return it ….

That stinks man. It is an odd problem

Scope ? Any chance ?

No new gun should be this much hassle Return it ….

The scope is an Athlon from another rifle that I haven't had any issues with, so I'd bet money that isn't the problem. I'll give it another try tomorrow before the wind picks up. If I can't figure it out, I'll probably return it.

View attachment 361594

View attachment 361595