Show us your Krals!

Krals!

56E2ED73-198A-4791-A645-0E88D8660ECE.jpeg

EE17F550-28F9-46D9-A95A-AF475C8FFE9D.jpeg

Did some chrony testing with my Kral Bighorn with the new barrel.

I hit a high of 1049 fps or 108 FPE using my cast 44.5 grain MPMolds HP bullets.

Next I will give it a barrel polish and test accuracy.

Really pleased with this beasts.

RC
That's a lovely looking gun
Beautiful stock lines.
Kral are a very underestimated gun but with some TLC they start to sing.
Let us know how you get on with the accuracy testing
With that fpe and projectile I feel sorry for the target lol😁👍

I shot a 9 shot string today. I had chronied 1 shot at 1049 fps a few days ago just to see what shot # 1 would do.

I turned down the power by backing out the Bulldog/Pitbull power spring 2 turns, filled my 4500 psi .5L tank to 4200 psi and fired 9 shots. I had intended to fire 10 shots, but either my 31 dollar chrony missed shot # 10 or in my blindness I loaded 9.

The valve return spring has been removed, my next string will be with it installed. I had shot 50 of my MPMolds cast bullet lubed with 30 wt silicone oil without cleaning which in the past has slowed velocity in some rifles.

Shot with home cast 44.5 grain MPMolds HP sized .251 and cast of 40-1 alloy.

1-1021 4200 psi
2-1049
3-1030
4-1035
5-1021
6-997
7-997
8-942
9-917 3300 psi

This averages 1001 fps which is really close to the target velocity and energy I was after.

I have not polished the barrel yet. I have firelapped for years and lately polished with a solid ball bearing handled rod using a jag, #7vand Flintz, I am considering a new idea I have. I am thinking of firelapping using Flintz rolled onto and imbedded into the slugs using two steel,plates.

Regards,

Roachcreek

Last edited:
Hi Paul i am giving some thought to the NP03 as i think it can be regulated. What do you think of the Standard gun and how good or bad is it when it arrives new.
Hi Pete
Shot count isn't good to start with 40 ish on my 22 np03 with standard tube.
So regulated is a double edged sword I think pete because you decrease air volume of cylinder and lost any shots you've gained if that makes sense.
To be fair krals are pretty consistent pete unregged.
In my honest opinion I would not buy an np03 pete," I'd put a little more and get xs bottle version" I know you like too polish your wood lol.
I think kral are catching on and QC has been made alot better as the guns have came out," so the xs more refined and better looking aswell.
Whatever you buy now you will be disappointed with shot count after np02 lol.
That's my 10 pence worth pete not sure if you happy or sad now😁👍

Hi Pete
Shot count isn't good to start with 40 ish on my 22 np03 with standard tube.
So regulated is a double edged sword I think pete because you decrease air volume of cylinder and lost any shots you've gained if that makes sense.
To be fair krals are pretty consistent pete unregged.
In my honest opinion I would not buy an np03 pete," I'd put a little more and get xs bottle version" I know you like too polish your wood lol.
I think kral are catching on and QC has been made alot better as the guns have came out," so the xs more refined and better looking aswell.
Whatever you buy now you will be disappointed with shot count after np02 lol.
That's my 10 pence worth pete not sure if you happy or sad now😁👍
Well if you mean the Empire X which is the bottle version I have had 2. They both went back the first the bottle and the barrel nearly bumped into each other as well as other things and the second on firing could not get the pellet out of the barrel. I ended up with a jam up of 3 pellets before i twigged what was happening. Thats how I ended up with the NP03. I really like the gun but there were no more around at the time. If I could get a pic of the gun that was coming I might risk another. Need to sell a gun or save up first.:)
E83D3168-27F6-493F-A984-3F5C2D541261_1_201_a.jpeg

AECC2F0C-2DF9-42B4-B732-A62E167EE432_1_201_a.jpeg

I thought there was a problem fitting a regulator to an NP02? Do tell?
Bjesus hmm
Maybe not sorted QC lol
What an angle that is.
That's a Saturday night special if ever I've seen one.
If you want an underdog to polish up pete look at nova vista alpha £320 solware.
I have the freedom minus the pump and now on a bottle it puts pellets exactly where you point it but alpha is wooden version of it" basically an avenger
Or the ugly duckling Artemis m16a

View attachment 357905This is how my np03 bottle gun turned out. Was a 25 cal with the np02 barrel. 350cc 4500 psi bottle and altaros regulator. Sold it to a forum member last year, but it was a nice little blaster. 38 fpe for 60 shots.
I'd love to strap a bottle onto mine
What parts of which gun did you use to do the conversion dr.
Is there 3 parts too it
If I can find diagram of what gun I'm in.
Lovely looking gun by the way" that's how it should of been in the bloody first
Place

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein
I'd love to strap a bottle onto mine
What parts of which gun did you use to do the conversion dr.
Is there 3 parts too it
If I can find diagram of what gun I'm in.
Lovely looking gun by the way" that's how it should of been in the bloody first
Place
Np03 with a barrel from an np02. Had an np03 shroud, with 3 Mrod baffles and an air stripper to take up the length in the shroud and quiet it down some. Altaros regulator and a 4500 psi 350cc bottle off eBay. Biathlon lever off a jumbo, and some heavy hammer spring. Pretty easy build, just cut the stock to fit for the bottle.

Reactions: Perle