Show us what was under the tree.

My two sons and I out shooting the QB78 xmas morning. A gift from my oldest. 
7EF4C10F-.1640477448.jpg
20211225_155946.1640477507.jpg

Nothing under the tree here as there are not tree, also with 55 years of age i think i am too old to get presents i would rather have respect ( earned of course, hard or easy ) shown to me.

But i have often gotten myself a little something this time of the year, but this time while the piggy bank are well advanced in its pregnancy i am holding back on shopping.

But ! I am 3/4 the way to a airgun, or a little further from a Coltri icon compressor. and either might not happen, this year is also the biannual inspection on my car, so something nasty could potentially pop up, also i really should visit the dentist too even if it is the worst place i know to spend money, even if i am not scared of them, and the pain they can inflict are minor compared to seeing or hearing a politician.

@kingrex i like the color of your audio jib,,,,,, HI-FI was my first addiction as a teen and i was well into my adult life before i was done paying for that addiction :)

tube amps - electrostatic speakers - regular speakers,,,, big ones most often - home made ( by me of course ) record players in steel and stone weighing more than myself at the time, fitted with SME arm and of course burly Danish made Ortofon pickups ASO,,,, O i been there alright.

These days i dont even have a TV, but i do still have two BOSE 601 speakers collecting dust,,, use to be my PC speakers ( not used in a couple of decades as i play music in the car and use headset on the PC now though no one make a damn game worth playing, and also spent a pretty penny on car HI-FI in the 90ties, i still have one of 3 12 " sub woofers, each fed 500 W that i use to have in my little 3 door not so hot German hatchback )

It is a wonder my hearing are actually about the best working physical attribute i have, everything else are slowly shutting down.

Lets be real. Santa didn't bring me the Bulldog. And my wife wouod have no way of knowing what I really want. It just happened to arrive on Dec 23rd. It took a long time to be built. 

I have very good hearing too. Mostly only shot ahotgun or airgun. This is my second big bore. The other was a Barnes. Mechanically this is a much better gun. I have not fired it. Its suppose to be a tack driver. It better be as more than anything, I like to set stuff up in the field and blow it apart. A Daystste 30 cal would cost less to run. But I wanted the versatility to hunt deer. If I'm going to plink and learn the gun, I figured, learn on the real hunting tool.

I had tube amps for years. I still do. But that Dartzeel amp is rock solid and sounds amazing. Very close to being there if the recording is good. 

Rex

Professor,

Nice, think you're a pretty good Dad to get something like that. I tried to convince Santa I should get an air gun for Christmas, but only scored ammo and a scope. Well, maybe next year.

Plingpling,

When I'm feeling a little down, I read one of your posts, it helps me to see others, who have it worse, somehow remain in a good state of mind. I think the honesty and frankness of your posts is the exception, rather than the rule, but your circumstances might not be so far removed from what others are experiencing. I hope 2022 brings peace and happiness to All,

WM