• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Show off how you put a sling on your springer

Here’s my HW97 in 20 caliber. The sling is Attached to the Forearm on the side. The back sling eye is off of an M 14 that I cut a slot and put it in the stock and then put a screw in from the back for it, Is rock solid. My old gal looks a little worse for the wear, need to give her a little fresh make up. She has one of the Vemon laser guide kit from the Vemon shop that Tim McMurry sold.

F9C1CA32-E1ED-4A79-AE3E-585A9C59B3A4.jpeg

DE616801-A3BE-488B-B833-0731B44D449E.jpeg

62A7FC1F-21AD-4F7E-AB41-50A600C27D32.jpeg

B3FB0723-54DA-4F52-B0C6-BDA8A8B297DC.jpeg

C705A53B-B566-42E1-A9AB-44023217414A.jpeg

587A2443-2B29-439F-B170-D98F995CA574.jpeg

The finish was perfect 15 years ago when I put it on. That is what a hard use hunting gun looks like after 12 years of steady use in the woods of Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. When I put the finish on it, it came out just as I wanted it. The guns name is the Grey Ghost. What to see what I am fixing to do to my FX Royale 400, Synthetic stock. My not be your cup of tea but I like it.

tim

That one does look like the finisher need a few more lessons.

The only two airguns I have with slings are a Fwb124 D and a HW 35e which came with sling swivels. My Diana 54 AirPro King has a front stud that can take a swivel but no rear stud I am thinking about installing one but have not gotten around to it.
Pictures?

I love the stock as your rifle was meant to be a tool that you use. I’m sure the Ghost has seen a lot of action. I’m also interested in this thread as I want to put a sling on my HW50.
You should be able to set it up with the same way that I’ve got mine. The hardware is just standard hardware. The front is a sling eye that I modified and the back is off of an and M 14. As well as being a tool to transport the rifle and shoulder. The sling set up works really great for wrapping around your arm for offhand shooting.

Last edited:
I love the stock as your rifle was meant to be a tool that you use. I’m sure the Ghost has seen a lot of action. I’m also interested in this thread as I want to put a sling on my HW50.
Measure the barrel diameter and order a barrel band sling mount. They make them in several diameter ranges to mount on barrels and magazine tubes. Mount it about 3" ahead of the breech block. No need to mount the forward swivel on the forend of the stock. I've used this method on many springers with terrific results.

Screenshot_20221123-073233_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: fishing43
This gun is 36 years old this year. I've had it in the woods every season for at least the last decade.

It's held up pretty well considering it hasn't been refinished or spackled with concrete 😳

It's had the same set of GrovTec swivels since the day I got it and installed them. The sling is some cheap Allen leather thing. Its not great but the rest of the setup has worked perfectly.

I have the same barrel band setup on a couple break barrels and they are fine too.

PXL_20201005_155841759.jpg
PXL_20201008_230402332.jpg

This gun is 36 years old this year. I've had it in the woods every season for at least the last decade.

It's held up pretty well considering it hasn't been refinished or spackled with concrete 😳

It's had the same set of GrovTec swivels since the day I got it and installed them. The sling is some cheap Allen leather thing. Its not great but the rest of the setup has worked perfectly.

I have the same barrel band setup on a couple break barrels and they are fine too.

View attachment 308338View attachment 308339
If that gun had been thought a fourth of what my Concrete spackled 97 has be thought you would have had to sell it for parts out of shear embarrassment the first year..

Last edited:
Reactions: Keene