Show me your tripod setups

1703664176798.png

1703664205106.png

Reactions: Mr.H
This is what I put together from what I have currently. The Notos is nice and light so it seems good. Once I have a barrel for the Notos I will put the Pard on and start trying it out. The grip is meant to go the other direction, but it works and I like adjusting with my left hand.

View attachment 419686

View attachment 419687

View attachment 419688

That's the head I have on my Manfrotto 055. These are horrible BTW. I use it nowadays for my spotting scope since I'm not using it for precise aiming anymore. Not meant as a personal attack at all but you would be well served trying a slightly more expensive and better ball head.

That's the head I have on my Manfrotto 055. These are horrible BTW. I use it nowadays for my spotting scope since I'm not using it for precise aiming anymore. Not meant as a personal attack at all but you would be well served trying a slightly more expensive and better ball head.
No worries, I didn’t spend anything on it. I was just trying it because I have it on hand, it works great for it’s primary purpose which is photography for my job. It works great with a Nikon Z7 II.

Reactions: HKVP9 and steve123
Max. I am looking at the same tripod. Where do you get the pic rail adapter to mount it to the tripod head?
Is this one short enough when collapsed to use sitting on the ground?
Thanks
doc

With this tripod I can get it as low as 15" ground to the top of mount.
You can see me in action in this video, shooting from the ground.

My Impact MK2 has an Arca Rail mount and that fits perfectly to the tripod head.

But you can get an adapter like this one with a base of 35mm.

Impact-on-tripod.jpg

Reactions: tibor and Doc C.
Can you recommend
a ballhead with Arca attachement, that
▪ is strong enough to hold up a 10lbs rig,
▪ allows me to make shot at steep angles (say 60⁰ up),
and
▪ doesn't cost $150 or more?

My current tripod is a photo tripod for $39, with a Y-yoke or a sandbag laid on it.
I'd like something that holds my whole rig in the air, not just one resting point.

Thanks,

Matthias

PS: Mmm, I probably should ask this in a separate thread.... 🤔

No, but there's plenty out there in the $800-$1200 range. :)

I use an Oben head that can handle 20lbs. Its from the photography world, so Arca is standard.

Most of the big tripod manufacturers have a variety of heads that can lock various-weight cameras in place. Price goes up for heavier heads, but it's fairly gradual.