• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Show me your shot up targets that you are most proud of

Just shot this today — rested pistol, 5 shot groups, 7 yards.

IMG_3261.jpeg

RW 70 at 100.jpg

This is the best 100 yard AVERAGE accuracy (of three or more five-shot groups) I've achieved in decades of owning and testing over 700 airguns of all kinds. Also one of the best single five shot groups at 100 yards I've gotten (.50" center-to-center). Daystate Red Wolf in .25 caliber, shooting 33.80 grain JTS pellets straight from the tin, like this-

33.80 JTS, 255 BAR fill, 50 shot powerband= Low- 921, High- 938, Extreme Spread- 17, Standard Deviation- 1.5, Average- 930 FPS/64.5 FP.

1715281167696.png

187 PFT groups.JPG

This is the best 50 yard AVERAGE accuracy I've gotten with an air pistol; in this case five consecutive five-shot groups that AVERAGED .66" center-to-center. I converted my AAFTA field target pistol from a 1960s vintage Crosman Model 187 Co2 rifle, and the original (chopped) barrel did that. In two other sessions it averaged .67" c-t-c both times, so that's no fluke performance. The tightest group was less than .40", and I've gotten others as small as .34".-
8.4 grain FX, 180 BAR fill, 50 shots= Low- 763, Hi- 772, ES- 9, SD- 1.8, Average- 768 FPS/11.0 FP

GK1 Gilmore 40.jpg

However my .22 Huben GK1 MAXI-BLASTER is no slouch, even with a non-magnifying red-dot sight. A true semi-automatic, the nicer-than-it-has-any-right-to-be trigger allows not only such precision, but stretches PELLET PISTOL hunting ranges to 70 + yards.:oops: Nineteen shot cylinder, fast as you can pull the trigger.

21.53 grain JTS, 315 BAR fill, 21 shot powerband= Low- 870, Hi- 894, ES- 24, SD- 6.3, Average- 882 FPS/38.1 FP

HONORABLE MENTIONS-

MK08 35 yard group.JPG

This Tau MK08 .177 ten-meter target pistol posted this five-shot group at 'only' 35 yards, but the group is 'only' .175" c-t-c (less than the diameter of its pellets). For additional perspective, that group is less than 1/2 minute-of-angle with a 10 foot pound pellet pistol.

Crick & group.JPG

This .150" five-shot group shot with a .25 Kalibergun Kricket bullpup PCP at 60 yards is 1/4 minute-of-angle.

180 at 25.jpg

Converted from a 1950s vintage .22 Crosman 180 C02 rifle, this target posted by the pistol that brought us pistol field target competition shows why it inspired me to build a new competition around it. But that's not its best effort; just the best photographed effort. From my testing notes-

7/4/15 Five consecutive three-shot groups at 25 yards averaged .33” c-t-c with JSB Express.

14.4 grain JSB, 18 shot powerband per Co2 cartridge= Low- 514, High- 536, ES- 22, SD- 7, Average- 528 FPS/8.9 FP

1701P at 25.JPG

My Crosman 1701P souped-up to 10 foot-pounds; otherwise self-explanatory.

Proud of these shots because they're the culmination of a lot of work accurizing a couple of QB78s.

The upper one is from the .22 that I've spent so much time figuring out. The lower shot is from a friend's SAG (in .177) after spending some time getting it to shoot well. Both shots were from the bench, cold at ten yards.

flys.JPG

Cheers,

J~

Woke up this morning and it was dead calm so went out to shoot my FX Impact M3. Its a 600mm .22 I have tuned to perfection. I am currently shooting AAs 18gr at 917fps. after shooting some paper with the reliability I have come to know with this rifle I decided to shoot some bottle caps like I have in the past with a previous Impact I owned, The first gen in .25. The one to the left I hit 1st shot:) the second one I grazed/scared the first shot and seen the water stir second shot hit bottom of the rim (I think) because the water splashed the 3rd shot sent the cap flying like the first bottle. (60 yards) Yes, I'm proud of these.

04.jpg

05.jpg

08.jpg

Attachments

• 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 1
Proud of these shots because they're the culmination of a lot of work accurizing a couple of QB78s.

The upper one is from the .22 that I've spent so much time figuring out. The lower shot is from a friend's SAG (in .177) after spending some time getting it to shoot well. Both shots were from the bench, cold at ten yards.

View attachment 463217

Cheers,

J~
lol gross but accurate

• Haha
Reactions: Treefrog
MOA at 200 yards with an airgun is impressive "by any measure", Gerry. I assume slugs?

BTW, maybe you can cheat that Centercut guy out of that BB-gun. 😂

Yes, slugs. Altaros 40ish grain if I remember correctly, which I probably don't. Maybe Centercut will chime in & verify (or not). It was SO fricking accurate it made us go PAST smiling to laughter! We next went to a 2" target at 286 yards that Mike nailed dead center & I missed by the width of a pellet! Airgun's evolution over the last 5 years has been nothing short of phenomenal.