• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Show me your low power setups!

My old trusty PP700

IMG_1915[1].JPG

I detuned both of my Umarex Notos by just using a weaker spring.

The first Notos shoots CPHP (14.3 grains) in the 690-710 FPS range for about 50 shots.
The second Notos shoots CPHP in the 460-490 FPS range for about 100-110 shots.

I am sure that I could go even lower with an even weaker hammer spring.
Where you able to get consistent fps with the lighter tap of the hammer? Just curious if there is a sweet spot in the detune.
Thanks

Where you able to get consistent fps with the lighter tap of the hammer? Just curious if there is a sweet spot in the detune.
Thanks
For the lower tune I got a range of 460 to 490 FPS.
The other tune I got a tighter range, about 690-710 FPS.

I know that the weaker the hammer spring the more velocity spread you get.
I reduced the spread by using the spring I posted before, which has a 1.2mm wire diameter as opposed to the original 1.1mm.

It seems that the stiffer springs (larger wire diameter) give lower velocity spreads.

Reactions: Raysfan
I think we tend to get lost in the chase for ultimate power and accuracy then forget the pure joy of these low powered sanity keepers.
I seriously enjoy shooting my Notos I tuned to 15fpe with a red dot just as much as my 28fpe Evol Mini. Low power lightweight guns are just too much fun

Nice! I recently put this little rig together. I prefer a wood stock. Just my personal choice. Got this stock at a reasonable price from another member here. Not fancy but saved me from forking over the big $$$ for a Rink shoulder stock. Fun little carbine and has a bit of resemblance to my TC Encore which is my favorite firearm rifle.

IMG_2393.jpeg

Thanks! I should have mentioned that is from a 4500 psi fill with an 1100 psi regulator.
I'm filling my Notos to 4350 psi and using a 2200 regulator with the plenum off eBay installed. With the jsb exact jumbo rs diabolo 13.43 pellets the chrony reads 855 fps with these light pellets. Still extremely accurate shooting hole in hole at 25 yards. Unbelievable! How can a cheap Chinese barrel shoot so well? It's so fun to shoot my other rifles are getting jealous, lol. Have a great weekend!

I seriously enjoy shooting my Notos I tuned to 15fpe with a red dot just as much as my 28fpe Evol Mini. Low power lightweight guns are just too much fun
I agree. The Notos is so light after carrying my Gauntlet 25 cal around the mini carbine feels like a feather! Who would have known this chinese airgun would be so awesome.

I'm filling my Notos to 4350 psi and using a 2200 regulator with the plenum off eBay installed. With the jsb exact jumbo rs diabolo 13.43 pellets the chrony reads 855 fps with these light pellets. Still extremely accurate shooting hole in hole at 25 yards. Unbelievable! How can a cheap Chinese barrel shoot so well? It's so fun to shoot my other rifles are getting jealous, lol. Have a great weekend!
I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't believe some of the targets I've posted with my SPA guns, but I could care less. These things are shooters and they love JSB Knockouts.

Let’s see those low power setups for hunting rats and other small pests.

I have money to burn (not much lol) on a low power setup. Im leaning to the atomic/ranger platform, but before pulling the proverbial trigger, I’d like to see some more options!

Let the comments fly!!
you never stated what your version o low power is ?

you never stated what your version o low power is ?
Well I’ve already jumped on the “low power” bandwagon with my brk ranger. It’s set to 15fpe shooting cphp very accurately under 400yds. It’s the perfect little low power setup for backyard pesting, or woods walking.

Reactions: beerthief