Show me your first gun.

I got a crosman 760 pumpmaster back in 1981 when they were made out of metal. I was 6 years old and that was my airgun start. I used that 760 hard and was shot almost daily until I turned 14 years old when it finally gave up and lost a seal. I dont know how many pests I killed with that but it was allot. What did I like about it? It worked and worked flawless for years and was pretty accurate. All I used was the open sights it came with. No pics.

Last edited:
Got my first gun back in the 60's. A .177 Slavia 618 break barrel. Still have it and shoot it regularly.

I made a "firewood stock" (literally from some maple and cherry) for it...

20240422_170302.png

My first gun still have it today. Also have my first .22 rimfire and 410

THE OLD DAISY 25

In the spring of 1968, a cherished heirloom was passed down to me – a 1934 Daisy 25 BB gun, a symbol of tradition and trust. My grandpa, with his farm weathered hands and tall statue, gave it to me on my ninth birthday. It was more than just a gift; it was a rite of passage... https://www.airgunnation.com/threads/the-old-daisy-25.1310567/

I got a crosman 760 pumpmaster back in 1981 when they were made out of metal. I was 6 years old and that was my airgun start. I used that 760 hard and was shot almost daily until I turned 14 years old when it finally gave up and lost a seal. I dont know how many pests I killed with that but it was allot. What did I like about it? It worked and worked flawless for years and was pretty accurate. All I used was the open sights it came with. No pics.

I got mine in the 1970's, same deal, no pics.

Reactions: LDP
Not counting BB guns or my 760 which were purchased for me, this is the first one I bought with my own money.

1986 1377, all original and shoots as strong as when it was new. From 86 to 2000 it was my one and only. It has served me well.

in 2000 I bought a custom shop 1300kt from the custom shop. Wore out and repaired the pump linkage once, but it didn’t make it a year before it was junk.

Crosman does not make them like they used to.

IMG_3025.jpeg

To my best knowledge this was my first one at about 10yrs old. Daisy Quicksilver. The fact that I had one at all was a testament to how much I like shooting. My dad has no guns and to my knowledge never had had any. But he is not against them. And my mom does not like them. Spent countless hours with this thing out on my grandpa's farm property. I think it was 4 yrs before I got another one.
1000008529.jpg

First gun…Benjamin 600 Automatic….don’t exactly remember when my Dad said it was mine. 6 or 7 yrs old. Haven’t shot it in years, as the seals are perished beyond rejuvenation. Has a horrendous trigger pull…but I didn’t care…still a neat old tool. Hope to get it repaired in the future..

IMG_0194.jpeg

Back in the late 70s i was trapping muskrats and when i went to sell a pile of them, the furbuyer had this beautiful walnut blue streak sitting on the counter. I think he knew i would bite. It took a lot of rats to pay for that little outfit and man did i use it. I kept it lubed with 3in1 oil, yea i know, it was all i had. Our barn burnt down and i think it was inside as i never saw it again. Have had quite a few come and go over the years but none meant as much as that one.

Cool! I forgot about those, my brother and I used to take off the suction cup and heated up a needle and pushed it down into the end of the dart for a more interesting projectile lol!
They were a lot of fun, thanks for the memories 😊

Thanks for posing that question! Mine was a Daisy BB gun the one with the palimino colored stock with the Daisy pledge embosed in the stock. I shot sparrows off the peak of the barn. Mom would by the big tubes of daisy BBs for us when she got groceries. This was about 1961 or 1962. And yes in rural ND in the sixties they sold BBs at the grocerie store. Right at the till so moms could bring home to farm boys!!! Unfortunatly I lost track of it I think it disappeared when i left home years later.
The first airgun I bought was a Beeman R7 .177 in the early eighties wich I still have its getting tired now and needs seals.
I will be 70 next Sunday and have graduated to PCP now and haveing a ball!!

Reactions: JohnTaylor
My first gun burned up in a garage fire when I was five or six years old. Its replacement a year or so later is a Daisy model 38, a wide-body gun like the 99/499, but multi-shot with a large capacity. After many years being stored out in unfavorable conditions in a garage, I got it from my Dad's house and rebuilt it back in 2015 and chose a paint scheme harkening back to Richard Petty's cars since it wore STP stickers in my youth. Pic below is after I painted it, but before I put new STP stickers on it.

TheKingReborn.jpg

Reactions: JohnTaylor
First I was 12, maybe 13 and a Marksman 740 I got for Christmas in the mid 70's. Fast forward a lot of years to 2015, needed a quiet way to get rid of a racoon in my father's back yard and bought a Hatsan Model 95 .25 caliber.
Still have that one 9 years later (plus a LOT of others). Not quite the way it was when I bought it but still shoots very well.
hat95-stock2.jpg