Show me your custom “Budget “ break barrel.

This is a Benjamin Charger with a walnut Cometa stock. I just love the pattern of this walnut stock and gambled it might work for my shockwave and it did, of course need to mod it a little bit.

IMG_20200102_195333.jpg

IMG_20220214_191514.jpg

IMG_20220214_191209-1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: douger and Bolillo
I didn’t say cheap ..... I implied it!

How does she shoot ?
Yer raht. Yoo sed bargain. Well tha gun wur $52 at wallymart n’ tha scope cum off a knackered Ruger.
Tell tha trooth it shoots lahk used food. I chopped tha barrl’ n took a hatchet too tha stock. Figgered ef it won’t shoot mite as well have sum fun. It’ll push CPHP ta 870 fps but ya caint hit skwat wit it.

Years ago I picked up these Mendoza Competencia's for $5 each. I had a niece visiting for a month in the summer so, for something to do, I grabbed a couple for us to restore. Hers was a chrome plated one in decent condition and I chose the worst of the bunch... the one in the pic that has been re-blued and stock refinished. The other two are just to show the progression and how bad they started.
They are phenomenal shooters with great triggers and very fine rifled barrels and nice, ergonomic hardwood stocks. They were originally designed with leather seals and a port to put drops of oil in to make them diesel intentionally. I converted them to HW30 seals and don't intend to make them diesel intentionally. They shoot about like an HW30 in power but possibly more accurately. I've never put a scope on one to find its true capability but with peeps, shoots better than I can.
Bob

20220620_062422.jpg

20190114_113216.jpg

Reactions: SteveP-52
A few years ago, I modded and refinished a Hatsan Model 95 Turkish walnut stock to drop my Striker 1000X springer action into. Blocked off the front stock screw holes to try and run the screws directly into the action tube where they went in the factory Striker stock. Too close to the upper edge, so I still need to make a bracket to bolt it up in the fore stock area. Otherwise done and looking good.
IMG_7184.JPG
IMG_7188.JPG