• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Show me your custom “Budget “ break barrel.

1998 Gamo Hunter 220 2x7 32 BSA

6EAEB835-0D81-4537-8462-054D8C75AD5B.jpeg

Last edited:
Not a break barrel, but definitely budget. The Snowpeak B3-1 cost about $50 new. I added a PRC (Peoples Republic of China) army muzzle brake and sling. The gun did not come with the later added scope mount, so I removed the open sight and installed a piece of aluminum dovetail scope mounting. I believe the total cost, including the 4X20 scope was less than $100. Great fun to shoot.
snow peak custom.jpg

Not a break barrel, but definitely budget. The Snowpeak B3-1 cost about $50 new. I added a PRC (Peoples Republic of China) army muzzle brake and sling. The gun did not come with the later added scope mount, so I removed the open sight and installed a piece of aluminum dovetail scope mounting. I believe the total cost, including the 4X20 scope was less than $100. Great fun to shoot.View attachment 268576
Very cool !

Those are some really nice looking budget guns guys. Here's mine. Crosman Storm XT in .177. I installed a new trigger and refinished the stock. It's actually well made. All wood and metal. No plastic except for the "iron sights". The plastic fiber optic sights work very well with my eyes. This is the rifle I used to learn how to take apart springers.

1655062407916657683091.jpg

Reactions: Perle
$54 Webley Spector .177 from Amazon. Came looking almost like this. That Spector stock now has a Hatsan Edge .25 cal springer in it, sprayed with Duplicolor clear truck bed coating and used as a short range brush gun and no cares if I scrape it up.
SpecEdge1.jpg

Got my hands on a Hatsan 1000X Beech stock, little cutting and painting, dropped the Spector .177 in it and it ended like this:
striker paint 4.jpg

I do have a couple others but there's 2 anyway...lol.

Reactions: Bolillo
Inside, just cleaned up, proper lube and a new piston seal since the idiots at Hatsan gouged it up installing. Also did some simple and cheap home mods to make the trigger a little better.
When Webley went belly up and got bought by Highland Outdoors Group back in 2006, they contracted Hatsan to build rifles for them to keep the air gun side alive and where Hatsan got the idea to make some of theirs:
-Webley Tomahawk is a prettier version of the Hatsan Model 95.
-Spector, Valuemax are where the Edge/Striker/1000X rifles got their start.
Minor cosmetic differences and names but same rifles and all the parts interchange.
This one is a Turkish built Webley Valuemax .20 caliber. They don't make them anymore and was only $100 and a synthetic stock. The stock is another Hatsan 1000X only hand refinished and the Valuemax dropped right in with no mods needed to make it fit. Also has a Hatsan Vortex gas ram in it which the Valuemax never came with but drops right in :)
valuemax scoped1.jpg

VMX Striker refinish 2.jpg

Inside, just cleaned up, proper lube and a new piston seal since the idiots at Hatsan gouged it up installing. Also did some simple and cheap home mods to make the trigger a little better.
When Webley went belly up and got bought by Highland Outdoors Group back in 2006, they contracted Hatsan to build rifles for them to keep the air gun side alive and where Hatsan got the idea to make some of theirs:
Minor cosmetic differences and names but same rifles and all the parts interchange.
This one is a Turkish built Webley Valuemax .20 caliber. They don't make them anymore and was only $100 and a synthetic stock. The stock is another Hatsan 1000X only hand refinished and the Valuemax dropped right in with no mods needed to make it fit. Also has a Hatsan Vortex gas ram in it which the Valuemax never came with but drops right in :)
View attachment 268789

View attachment 268788
View attachment 268789

View attachment 268788
I am familiar with Webleys journey !!

You should like this Turkbow ! Lube tuned and debured.

I like Hatsan a lot !Formerly had the WFH and Walther Talon

image.jpg

"Blemished" Hatsan 87QE .25 cal I bought from Midway for $118. Stock came on a Hatsan Model 95 the former owner was selling as a parts rifle for $50.
Stripped/stained/Tru-Oiled the stock, Had a local place make me a couple brass plates that say Mod 87QE, Krylon Brass colored paint on a few things and now a custom Hatsan 87QE .25 In a Turkish Walnut stock.

87 refinish 14.jpg