• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shoutout to DonnyFL

I just want to give a shoutout to DonnyFL. I have a .22 Taipan Veteran long and I wanted to replace the stock barrel shroud with a moderator. When I initially emailed DonnyFL last year, he recommended that I buy the .25 caliber to avoid clipping. Fast forward to two weeks ago I ordered the Koi .22/.25 version remembering that I had to oversize. As soon as I received it, I started suspecting that the newer models are spec'ed differently from when I originally asked the question. DonnyFL confirmed that although the current .177/.22 is the same as the previous .22 and that the .22/.25 is the same as the previous .25, he told me that the newer models have a slightly enlarged holes to address the clipping issues and that going one size up is not necessary anymore. With my gun, he knew that I was mounting it directly to the barrel so I don't know if the advice will be the same when mounting to a barrel shroud. Being that I don't have any plans on getting a .25 gun, I was initially disappointed when I heard this. The Koi .22/.25 version worked with my gun good enough, but I just couldn't stand the thought that it could be even better, whether noticeable or not, if I got the proper size moderator. I'm so glad that DonnyFL allowed me to exchange the moderator for the .177/.22 caliber.

20210120_121839.1612396517.jpg

20210120_121034.1612396518.jpg