Shoutout to Chris Turek for this piece of work!

So glad people are finally recognizing this,

I've been preaching this for years now,...cut on impact broadheads 2 or 3 blades are far superior to any mechanical head.

also heavier heads are incredibly superior, as well as an overall heavier arrow.

FOC has been huge in traditional achery for a long time now, heavy broadheads are a huge plus.

Well done. Very well done. I took my first white tail with a bow at the age of 14. Shooting a 43# Red Wing Hunter and Bear broad heads. That was 56 years ago. Even then we understood that moving parts in a broadhead were trouble fixing to happen. This is excellent advice. The old Bear broadheads had two blades and a razor insert. The odds of finding that insert after your arrow passed through a deer were about 50%. Every now and then you found it with your finger while cleaning your deer. Good broad head though. A simple slotted three blade design is probably best as it will minimize planing which a two blade without slots can sometimes do in a breeze. Good advice. Very good advice.

Additional information.

Well done. Very well done. I took my first white tail with a bow at the age of 14. Shooting a 43# Red Wing Hunter and Bear broad heads. That was 56 years ago. Even then we understood that moving parts in a broadhead were trouble fixing to happen. This is excellent advice. The old Bear broadheads had two blades and a razor insert. The odds of finding that insert after your arrow passed through a deer were about 50%. Every now and then you found it with your finger while cleaning your deer. Good broad head though. A simple slotted three blade design is probably best as it will minimize planing which a two blade without slots can sometimes do in a breeze. Good advice. Very good advice.

Additional information.
That is exactly why I shoot either Magnus Snuffers or Wensel woodsman out of my PCPs where the arrow travels in the -/+ 500 fps,.......on my traditional bows that shoot in the 160-180 fps range I prefer the 2 blades,
I have Grizzlys, Ribtek, Hills, several different Magnus, Ace, Zwikery.....2 blade cut on impact are bomb proof,
I even reshape the tip into a Tanto style and that makes them even more reliable.

Reactions: OldSpook
That is exactly why I shoot either Magnus Snuffers or Wensel woodsman out of my PCPs where the arrow travels in the -/+ 500 fps,.......on my traditional bows that shoot in the 160-180 fps range I prefer the 2 blades,
I have Grizzlys, Ribtek, Hills, several different Magnus, Ace, Zwikery.....2 blade cut on impact are bomb proof,
I even reshape the tip into a Tanto style and that makes them even more reliable.
We used to make a chisel point on our Bear two blades, not very wide mind you perhaps an eight of an inch, but enough to cause it to either break the bone or slide off rather than embed in it.