Shout out to my buddy, CTAIRGUNNER! (Slayer 357)

Unfortunately, Kevin decided to step away from air rifles for a while to concentrate on some other things in life. Sucks all around because not only is he a stand up guy, he was also a very valuable asset to the airgun community.

Having said that, one good thing coming from him stepping away for a while was…..his incredible Slayer was now up for grabs. 😂 When he yelled at me to let me know of his decision, there was no decision on my part. “Send that bad boy to Virginia !” , I said! And that, he did!

If you know Kevin, you know he takes great pride in anything does and his air rifles are no exception. He shared every detail about the rifle, but I already knew what it was capable of. It showed up packed for the apocalypse, but better yet, was absolutely pristine and not a single mark on the rifle. He also sent along 20 or so slugs that he cast himself with the rifle to get me started but assured me he’d hammer out a bunch more in the near future to get me stocked up. I let him know I was in no hurry and that I was totally on his time.

A few days later he sent me pics of him , on his time, casting a whole a$$ load of slugs for me. And the first batch was completely FREE. WHO DOES THAT? A friend , that’s who does that….

Anyway, enough about that peckerweed. I think you get it, he was a REAL asset to this community and hopefully he finds his way back at some point.

Now, on to the rifle. I can’t explain in words how good this rifle with his homebrew slugs really is, so I’ll just leave some pictures below. I’ve shot a LOT of air rifles over the past 20 years, but this one is truly special. All groups were untethered, with the first set being 50 yards when I got it setup with the first of 20 slugs he sent. Second set of pictures is at 100 and with the last set of slugs he sent. All shots are 3 shot groups and then a refill. The rifle is absolutely the most accurate big bore I’ve ever had in my hands, by far. I can’t imagine what it’s going to be like tethered and at longer distances! 🤯
IMG_0248.jpeg

50 yards
IMG_0245.jpeg

100 yards
IMG_0297.jpeg

IMG_0301.jpeg

I don’t know about this, I’m seeing some issues. Send it to me for testing in proper heat and humidity. If the results aren’t any better I’ll throw it into Lake Martin for you. Go ahead and pay for shipping so you don’t feel guilty about taking advantage of my good nature. Seriously though, that’s amazing.

Rick H.

• Haha
Reactions: SMH
Glad Kevin's Slayer went to a good home. Got to shoot with him before he threw in the towel, hopefully a temporary thing.

He sent me some of those slugs and they are really good. Mr. Hollowpoint sells a nice 150gr slug which is very similar, if not the same die. I ordered 3 different types to test out in .358 and they all shoot pretty good. I'll get to stretch them out to 50/100 within the month so will compare them all. They aren't cheap at $33 for 50, but if they shoot well........

Glad Kevin's Slayer went to a good home. Got to shoot with him before he threw in the towel, hopefully a temporary thing.

He sent me some of those slugs and they are really good. Mr. Hollowpoint sells a nice 150gr slug which is very similar, if not the same die. I ordered 3 different types to test out in .358 and they all shoot pretty good. I'll get to stretch them out to 50/100 within the month so will compare them all. They aren't cheap at $33 for 50, but if they shoot well........
Are you shooting those out of a Slayer as well?

I told ya she shoots! That's a perfect combo right there, great rifle, great ammo, great shooter.

Also Tim, don't forget, although I don't see it happening, if you go to move it , I get first dibs.

Also, I will be back dudes, I do have some legitimate family stuff going on right now , I have a fire (for airguns) that dwindled to embers, and some personal goals for myself this year.

I will come back and I'll be going right to see what's available here for A A A rifles.

In the mean time I'm going to work ont he home range this year, a little at a time. Clean it up, add to it, make more official target stands (not fridges lol)

Anyways

Happy shootin!

Oh wait, if anyone is interested in these slugs, I am going to try and cast up 300 a week, at $60 shipped per bag of 100.

😀