• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Shouldn't have done that...

Had a little break at work so busted out a pen and paper in the sunshine for some calculating....
Over 50 different kinds of pellets...
31 types in .177
25 types in .22
Ooooh...
Didn't think I had that many...
Is that alot? Is that rookie numbers?
Maybe I should try to get 1 of each style....🤣🤣🤣
But there are sooooo many out there😕
Not sure if I find it more fascinating to have lots of pellet slingers or to have lots of options of pellets to sling
What is wrong with me🫠

20230315_152838.jpg

20230315_152846.jpg

20230315_152903.jpg

20230315_152910.jpg

Dig out the Win Xl program and start from scratch,
I have over 450+ in mine, here is a small sample;
20 Caliber
Lightest Weight09.2
Heavyest Weight23.7
Smallest Head size.194"
Largest Head size.211"
Smallest Outside Skirt Dia.199"
Largest Outside Skirt Dia.217"
Shortest Inside Skirt Depth.047"
Longest Inside Skirt Depth.170"
Smallest Inside Skirt Waist Diameter.080"
Largest Inside Skirt Waist Diameter.130"
Smallest Outside Waist Diameter.132"
Largest Outside Waist Diameter.156"
Shortest Outside Skirt Length.057"
Longest Outside Skirt Length.150"
Shortest Bearing Length.160"
Longest Bearing Length.310"
Shortest Over All Length.220"
Longest Over All Length.409"
Shallowest inside skirt angle in degrees.0539*
Steepest inside skirt angle in degrees13.93*
Shallowest outside skirt angle in degrees11.30*
Steepest outside skirt angle in degrees13.50*

Not sure if I find it more fascinating to have lots of pellet slingers or to have lots of options of pellets to sling
I have this problem too, why I started this thread on how to organize all of this stuff. I keep my count organized in Excel (I'm a nerd :geek:). I currently have 22,150 pellets/slugs in stock in 0.177cal, and there are 43 different types of pellets. I have 25,160 pellets/slugs in stock in 0.22cal and there are 50 different variations in that caliber. I've been shooting 22cal a lot lately, so that inventory is probably closer to 24,000 pellets/slugs as I haven't updated it in a couple weeks.

Jmy problem is I want to try them all🤦‍♂️should just narrow it down really
Yea, that's my thing. I want to have at least one tin of every type of Diabolo pellets in every weight. I want to know what pellet each barrel likes at any power level. Even through most of them are made at the same place in CZ, I get remarkably different results from each, so I have Air Arms, JSB, FX, and H&N in most weights in the two calibers I shoot. For example, I have a 0.177cal springer (Hatsan) that likes JSB 10.34gr, but my 0.177 PCP likes Air Arms 10.3gr even though they are both shooting them at pretty much the same velocity. Each gun likes their respective pellets significantly better, so all I can do is accept it and feed them what they want. In my limited experience, you can't really "convince" a springer to like a pellet, like you can "kinda" tune a pellet into a PCP by taking great pains to tune one in...trying to make it happen. In my (again, limited) experience, you will find a pellet that a barrel likes at whatever power level you are shooting, so if you want to improve your chances of accuracy at 'said' power level, you need to give the barrel some choices.

Just my opinion...

• Love
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Yea, that's my thing. I want to have at least one tin of every type of Diabolo pellets in every weight. I want to know what pellet each barrel likes at any power level. Even through most of them are made at the same place in CZ, I get remarkably different results from each, so I have Air Arms, JSB, FX, and H&N in most weights in the two calibers I shoot. For example, I have a 0.177cal springer (Hatsan) that likes JSB 10.34gr, but my 0.177 PCP likes Air Arms 10.3gr even though they are both shooting them at pretty much the same velocity. Each gun likes their respective pellets significantly better, so all I can do is accept it and feed them what they want. In my limited experience, you can't really "convince" a springer to like a pellet, like you can "kinda" tune a pellet into a PCP by taking great pains to tune one in...trying to make it happen. In my (again, limited) experience, you will find a pellet that a barrel likes at whatever power level you are shooting, so if you want to improve your chances of accuracy at 'said' power level, you need to give the barrel some choices.

Just my opinion...
Thats the initial thing . But.... You know my motto is ...

"i dont mind a pellet picky gun as long as it picks cphp." 😉

BTW, there is nothing wrong with you, whatsoever!

I've got the following, and I don't even use half of them:
- JSB Exacts 4.52mm
- JSB Exacts 4.52mm
- JSB Exact Jumbos 5.52mm
- JSB Exact Jumbos 5.51mm
- JSB Exact Jumbo Heavies 5.53mm
- JSB Hades .22
- JSB KnockOuts .216
- JSB KOs .218
- H&N Terminators .177
- Norica Destroyers (28gr) .22
- Norica Domed FT .22
- Geco pointed pellets .177
- Umarex Cobra .177
- COAL Classics .22 (for my flobert revolver)
- COAL FX-450 .177 (do not perform well from any of my guns)
- COAL Fields .177
- RWS Superfields .177 (perform well out of Crosman's Pumpmaster 760)
- RWS Basics .177 (these are good wadcutters)
- RWS Supermags .177 (don't use these, they'll mess up your seals, breech and piston,
because they're too dense/hard, too much antimony in them)
- RWS Hobby .177
- RWS Meisterkugeln .177 for pistols
- Gamo Country .22 pellets
- Gamo Pro Magnums .22
- Gamo TS-22s .22
... and some others I may have forgotten.

One thing's for certain for both of us, we're both going to go out due to lead poisoning ;)

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Smh, I had over $1000 in pellets/brands before I even got out of the break barrel stage of my development...five years ago lol. Of course I had every golf ball out there when I played golf.

Now I have several mid to high end PCP's and the whole crazy tinkering senario is starting all over again but, this time, with slugs 😵‍💫

Lets see.... I went over my stash and using all my fingers and toes i came up with ..

1 cphp .177 partial 500 count tin

1 cphp .22 partial 500 count tin.

Whew... I better run to Walmart sometime this week and grab another tin of each..
I've been "pellet collection building" for a bit😅