• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

shoulder stock for the cp1-m

I bought a cpm-1 with the idea of using open sights and practicing for offhand type shots. Come to realise I can shoot fairly well open sights, but I can't see the pellet holes well enough from a distance. Without the on-the-fly feedback, the practice is a bit dissapointing. I needed a scope, but most scopes are far too large to look ok on pistols, to my sensabilities, but I happened to have a scope for a H&K G36,designed to fit in the tube carry handle. The scope is 3 power, about 3/4 inch in diameter, about four inches long,with a short eye relief. The natural position for the pistol with the scope was awkward, neither full extent nor close and braced, no way to hold my arms steady. So I decided a shoulder stock was nedeed.

Being a casting guy, I made a pattern and made one in bronze. The length of pull is about 12 inches. the stock adds about 17 ounces to the gun. The ballance ends up being almost perfectly centered on the fingers at the front of the stock. To make the design work, the bolt for the action needs to extend through the anchoring section of the shoulder stock. The shank of the stock is a blunted triangle in cross section, and makes an apropriately placed surface to offer a cheek weld.

The scope, having no internal adjustments for aiming, needs adjustment at the rings.