Should we call it hobbie or adictive compulsion?... Or Rabbit Hole?

I’m thinking owning even a Cessna is worse.
Oh HELL yeah on that one! Was a pilot back in the late 80's. Never owned a plane (rented only) but from talking with owners figure $6,000-$10,000 a year for all FAA required maintenance, tie-down/hangar fees, required medical exams, landing fees (some places), fuel, oil, yadayada..

Oh, yeah, airguns are a rabbit hole for me. Went from a Crosman 2240 to two PCP's a half dozen CO2 pistols, a SCBA tank and a YH compressor in five months.

Our own limitations to achieve the perfection using not perfect equipment and depending of wind, make us make continuos efforts (time and money) to try to reach that carrot that make the horse pulling the cart.

No matter how many PCP' rifles we buy, what kind of ammo we use, how expensive they are, what accesories you add, this hobbie is more difficult than golf because the wind factor is absolutely out of our control and it will take the pellet of a perfect executed shot by the best rifle in world to where ever it decides.

Our lack of concious make us pursue what is unreachable by nature. But indeed improve our skills.
It's nothing more than a personal thing of what's important to you in life, I'm done on my first rifle and pellets and have more important things in life over a mere hobby

Obviously you have never tried fast cars, motorcycles, photography, astronomy, horses, and hundreds of other hobbies that I just cant remember at the moment.

Yes, air guns can consume some dollars, especially PCPs, but it's a drop in the bucket when compared to a lot of other hobbies. At least compared to my other hobbies.
You are right. I don't have many other hobbies. I had taken up pen-collecting and that was a little expensive. My collection got to the place where I was satisfied with it, so, I stopped. I will probably get my airgun collection to the place where I am satisfied with it (I hope) and I will probably stay at that point and enjoy what I have. Right now, there are still more airguns that I desire and I will continue my collection.