• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Should suppressor be removed before storing or traveling with rifle?

I plan to keep my Benjamin Cayden with a 7 inch DonnyFL KOI suppressor in a hard case. It's the Apache rifle case from Harbor Freight that has pick and pull foam for a custom fit - it's heavy duty. Can the barrel/suppressor alignment be damaged if I keep the KOI suppressor threaded on the barrel when moving the case around (ex: going to the range), or is it recommended to take it on and off every time?

The KOI does thread directly to the Cayden's non-shrouded barrel, and the Cayden does have a barrel band if that makes any difference. Thanks.

I plan to keep my Benjamin Cayden with a 7 inch DonnyFL KOI suppressor in a hard case. It's the Apache rifle case from Harbor Freight that has pick and pull foam for a custom fit - it's heavy duty. Can the barrel/suppressor alignment be damaged if I keep the KOI suppressor threaded on the barrel when moving the case around (ex: going to the range), or is it recommended to take it on and off every time?

The KOI does thread directly to the Cayden's non-shrouded barrel, and the Cayden does have a barrel band if that makes any difference. Thanks.

I always remove my LDC when carrying in a foam padded hard case, because the gun and barrel won’t fit otherwise. 😀 Too long.

I also see no problem with any POI shift or barrel alignment issues, as long as gun is secure and doesn’t move around when traveling or carrying like Nelson indicated.

As an aside and out of habit, I do actually remove my LDC and carry in my gun bag when going back and forth to the range, but it’s not necessary. If the case was long enough, I would be fine with leaving it on the barrel.