Should I worry about the Kral Puncher Silent Marine fill port damaging orings?

I've been visiting websites that sell the Kral Puncher Silent Marine to read the reviews which are mostly positive but a fair number of users/reviewers have complained about the orings being damaged on the fill probe after insertion into the fill port on Kral airguns and their guns not being filled up because of damaged orings. I just ordered a .22 synthetic Kral PSM from Pyramyd Air on 9/1 so I don't have any experience with it yet but I'm wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? With my Stormrider I put a little oil on the orings before inserting the probe to fill my gun and I'll follow this procedure with the Kral. Most of the complaints were from owners of the Mark I Kral PSM. Did Kral make a mark II and if they did how can I tell which one I have? Nothing in the Pyramyd Air description suggests a mark I or mark II model.

Pull the dust cover off and use a fine grinding stone to round the edges off. You can also just leave the the probe in with a dust cap on the probe -will show you a picture later.
0903220820.jpg
0903220821.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: moodyblues
Keep a light coat of silicone grease on them and make sure your fill hose has no pressure left when you pull the probe out. That plus smoothing out the fill port will keep them going.

I’ve got three Krals and have had probably seven airtubes. The only time I tear up probe o-rings is if I don’t completely empty my line before removing the probe, it takes a chunk out every time I hear a pop taking the probe out. As mentioned earlier buy 100 of them and don’t let it worry you, I just don’t like replacing them.

They didn’t make separate generations per say, just fixed problems as they popped up and changed the trigger mechanism. You have the newest iteration, I think they made the final changes around 2019.

Beau

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone's input, I was surprised by FEDEX today when they knocked on my door and delivered my Puncher for Pyramyd Air. I ordered it on 9/1/22 and got it on a Sunday and was told I'd get it on Tuesday because they had to do the 10 for 10 before shipping. The gun is beautiful, if the weather is nice tomorrow I'm taking it out for a test drive. It still has about 180 bar remaining so I'm good to go!

Can you tell what size or which ones to get and thanks for the link, I've got several guns but only one Kral so this will be a valuable resource.
I'm not familiar with your specific model but a little research says it's this one https://www.oringsandmore.com/buna-orings-009-70d-fda-nsf61-minimum-100-pcs/ So you get 100 of them for $1 plus shipping.

That is a #9 buna 70 o-ring or you can substitute 5.5x1.5mm buna 70 but you would only get 25 pieces for the same price.

When I posted about orings I was worried about airing my Kral Puncher up with my compressor and yes I'm having a problem airing it up. Earlier today I aired my Diana Stormrider up from 100 to 200 bar and it took 3 minutes. I received my Puncher from Pyramyd Air on Sunday and it had 180 bar left in the tank so I took it outside and sighted the gun in at 25 yards and did some plinking to get used to the gun. When it was down to 120 bar I brought it in and put the fill probe together and made sure to use plumbers tape on the treads, next I put silicone grease on the fill probe orings and carefully plugged it into my Puncher and my compressor ran and ran and ran and I realized I couldn't fill the gun. I checked the orings and one had a flat spot so I changed it and tried to fill it again and no luck. I'm a little frustrated at the moment and wondered if you have any ideas to air my gun up? I'm thinking about ordering a one piece fill probe to bypass using a foster adapter and changing the orings again and see what happens. I know my gun can be aired up because Pyramyd Air did the 10 for 10 and no problems were found so the problem is on my end, I'm doing something wrong and can't figure it out.

I read somewhere that some guns need to be cocked before airing it up, is that the case of Kral guns? I wished Kral used a foster fitting probe like the one I use on my Stormrider, it is so easy to fill!