• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back to a traditional "Forum List" view, and/or "Light" mode click HERE.

Should I Upgrade my Impact MK 2

I am on the waiting list to get my impact upgraded to the power plenum, but is it really worth the $300.00 cost plus shipping both ways? I was not happy that FX upgraded the MK 2 right after I bought mine, but that is the chance you take. I currently have mine tuned to shoot NSA 24.8 grain slugs at 900 fps and I get approximately 60 shots per fill. I am very happy with the accuracy as I have know problem knocking down pigeons at 80 yards which is what I want. I doubt if it will do sub MOA groups but I don't need that. So do I upgrade? Are there any other advantages to upgrading? You guys who have upgraded are you happier and do you think it was worth it? Would I be better off upgrading my MK 1 which I have set up shooting pellets at 600 fps for in barn use and zeroed at ten yards?

upgrading is mainly to have higher shot count and/or higher power

But if you are happy for your set up, then upgrading may do nothing other than to chase the numbers game

Which, to some, it may be worth the price tag, but i get a feeling that it probably doesn't in your case.

i mean, you are having doubts correct? so chances are, the power plenum need to provide a significant number boost for you to justify this current uneasiness.

And i don't think improvement from pp alone is going to be enough. 

In .22 caliber porting is all you need unless you want to push heavy slugs fast. With proper porting of the brass pellet inlet and pellet probe you'll get the same velocity at about 30 bar less pressure with a higher shot count or a big gain in velocity at the same pressure. As the bore diameter goes up the benefits of porting become less without adding plenum volume.

If you recently got your mk2 then fx will upgrade it for only $100. But it seems like you got your mk2 for longer. I believe if you bought it in Nov 2019 they will only charge $100. Check with fx. As for to upgrade or not. Are you power hungry? Cause the reason to upgrade is to get more power aka the name power plenum. If you are happy with your current setup. Then no need to upgrade.

I’m thinking of doing the same thing don’t need more power but I am doing it for the shot count I think that spring in the front instead of that ball Makes for a faster returning valve I like that idea also I tried a 22 cal 500 mm barrel and I was surprised how much more power it took to push those Pellets up to speed it does give you more options with the new valve and more power

I’m thinking of doing the same thing don’t need more power but I am doing it for the shot count I think that spring in the front instead of that ball Makes for a faster returning valve I like that idea also I tried a 22 cal 500 mm barrel and I was surprised how much more power it took to push those Pellets up to speed it does give you more options with the new valve and more power

If you change it to the rubber ball you will be able to fine tune it a lot better, tighter fps. Mines on order.

You know, when the FX X version was released, FX offered a free upgrade barrel to people who had bought the gun just prior to that release. Couldn't hurt to contact them and see what they could do for you. 

I agree with some of the other guys here. If the gun is shooting in the 900's, that's really plenty so you might take a breath and shoot for a while. I f you think you still need the upgrade, then by all means. 

I have an old Gen 1 Impact which is shooting JSB Heavy, MKII .25 in the 870's with an ES of 7 and an SD of 1. I'm not touching it; it's right where I want it! No need for more $$$ spent on it.

You know, when the FX X version was released, FX offered a free upgrade barrel to people who had bought the gun just prior to that release. Couldn't hurt to contact them and see what they could do for you. 

I agree with some of the other guys here. If the gun is shooting in the 900's, that's really plenty so you might take a breath and shoot for a while. I f you think you still need the upgrade, then by all means. 

I have an old Gen 1 Impact which is shooting JSB Heavy, MKII .25 in the 870's with an ES of 7 and an SD of 1. I'm not touching it; it's right where I want it! No need for more $$$ spent on it.

Totally agree! And good for you for not messing with a good thing! SD=1=stick with it, I bet that baby shoots great!