Should i store air rifle in a hard case or in a gun cabinet for protection

The Vapor Barrier Inhibitor is still available through Amazon. I use it in my gun safe, tool storage area (old freezer), in the boxes with my reloading equipment, and in my hard sided cases. Particularly in the old days (1970-80), some of the foam people used would at best suck the oil off the metal surfaces, and at worst react with the metal, and sort of bond with it removing the bluing. I would agree that storing the rifle in a silicon gun sock if you are going to keep in in a hard sided foam case is a good idea.-.

Mine go in the safe with the PB’s. I have a moisture remover in the safe as well.
All of my air guns cost more than most of my PB’s are worth. Somebody breaks into my house I don’t want my AG’s sitting where they can just be picked up and taken away.

NOTE: years of buying and selling PB’s taught me that sellers say safe marks because they think it sounds better than yeah I hunted with it or couple trips to the range and it got a few dings. Dings = dings. Does it really matter how they got there.