FX Should I stay or should I go..... (FX IMPACT)

What should I do?

• Stay with my 2 FX Impact M3s (.30 cal & .22)

• Sell one and get a dynamic

• Sell one and get a panthera

Results are only viewable after voting.
Good day,

I have two FX Impacts m3 (1) in .22 cal and my second one is (2) .30 cal. I am debating on selling one and acquiring a fx panthera or a dynamic, but I think it's better that i stay with my two 700mm impact m3s. I've seen so many pantheras for sale already which is highly concerning. Whether it be buyers remorse or not what they expected. I don't think a 700mm impact is worse than a panthera. THOUGHTS & OPINIONS?

Seems to me the 2 Impacts can do anything you might want. What are you looking for by selling one and buying something else?
I wanted to go for the dynamic because you can do a dual bottle setup with the 700cc bottle and the 480 on the back. 1180cc of air. I could just buy another 580cc bottle and the dual adapter and have 1160cc of air.

I think it just depends on what you do with your guns. If it’s just a to and from the bench gun, then having the airgun equivalent of a Barrett is no big deal. The size for size thing between the two definitely favors the Impact. But if none of that matters then maybe you should try one. Personally, if I was into long skinny airguns I would try one but keep what I had just in case. If it performs, you’ll know what Impact it’s replacing. Then sell the one that will gather dust.

I'd sell one and get a dynamic. Or maybe if you can float it, get the new one first, and if you like it, then sell another gun.

I think like vet said, it really comes down to use-case. Latest fx I bought was a fairly old ranchero. Got a mk1 crown gen3 new several yrs back. 0 reason or need to replace or upgrade. I did buy another crown and impact after it, but sold both of those. Still have the 1st one 🤷‍♂️

I very much understand the appeal of new stuff. I’ve been obsessed with the higher end PCP’s. I have bought and tried out 15 PCP’s in the past 3 years. I also have an impulse buying problem.
5 of the 15 were FX’s. When the Panthera came out it was “Damn them” now I have to buy another one. I haven’t yet. It definitely is a very sexy rifle. I especially like the two angled pressure gauges. Something about it is really cool.
I haven’t taken the leap yet. For now my .22 and .25 multiple barrel length Crowns are checking all the boxes. The laminated stock with adjustable cheekpiece is just excellence for me.
For now my impulse purchasing is in check.
Best of luck with your decision.

Reactions: oledawg
I have both. A 600mm 22 M3 and a 600mm 25 Panthera that I have converted to a front bottle gun because the 300 bottle just did not get it for me.
honestly after shooting the Panthera, I would gladly trade someone for an M3 25 with a 600mm barrel.
It took 2 Crown MKII’s and this Panthera to finally sink into my head I do NOT like traditional rifle platforms. I am not a bench shooter and all the length is clumsy in the field compared to a bullpup.
Before you lust away for a two bottle gun with a bazillion CC’s of air. Go handle one. They are a bench gun. Period. There is no other practical use for that set up. It weighs a ton, maybe a ton and a half. If you want it for a bench gun, it would be fine though.

I really like my Panthera. It is 22 cal and 600mm barrel. Would not like the length of the 700. Have the small bottle in back and a 480 in front. Shoots better than my Impacts, but just by .01”. It is heavier, longer. Would not want to carry it, really do not like carry my Impacts either. I shoot ground squirrels off a bench and prefer the Panthera a touch. I also think it is a little simpler than the Impact. With that said. One gun, Impact all the way. So many different adjustments and setups you can do with it. For shooting off a bench the way I do, the Panthera would be my first choice, tethered to my Great White. Normally can get a full day of squirrels on the one tank. I always have a second tank for day two.

I wouldn’t read too much into what you see in the classifieds. People just want change. Look at all the fx chronos that popped up. Is there anything wrong with the original? No not at all but you get one a little smaller 🤷‍♂️…..the extra 125 bones you dump after selling the v1 could buy a bunch of batteries for the v1…lol. Just the allure of something else.

Well, I'll confirm what others are saying. I have both the Impact and a Panthera (dual bottle) like them both for very different reasons.

If your Impacts are doing what you need them to then I'd say don't sell, just keep on shooting them.

The Panthera is long and heavy and makes a great bench rifle, consider one if you want to get into that game but not as an Impact replacement. I really enjoyshooting my .22/700mm Panthera but it's not as versatile/convenient as my .22/700mm Impact MK2.

I suspect that a portion the people selling Pantheras had high expectations that the airgun would instantly make them long range shooters. It's only as good as the skill of the shooter. You may be able to pick one up to try out for a reasonable investment.

A Dynamic with a shorter barrel might be another option, don't have one so I can't say much on them.

I'll ask the $3000 question (I'm presuming that scope, rings and bipod are required) that I ask myself just before purchasing yet another airgun - do I NEED a *insert name here* or just want one?

If cash is available, then go for it !

My bad! Sorry if this doesn't help. LOL!

Cheers!

I wanted to go for the dynamic because you can do a dual bottle setup with the 700cc bottle and the 480 on the back. 1180cc of air. I could just buy another 580cc bottle and the dual adapter and have 1160cc of air.
I could just buy another 580cc bottle and the dual adapter and have 1160cc of air. this seems to me to be the best idea .