• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

FX Should I stay or should I go..... (FX IMPACT)

What should I do?

• Stay with my 2 FX Impact M3s (.30 cal & .22)

• Sell one and get a dynamic

• Sell one and get a panthera

Results are only viewable after voting.
My opinion only, cause it’s your $$ and you will do so as you’ve earned it, but I feel most folks don’t truly learn and harvest all the potential that their gun, and scope, can do for them. The few that do and truly have an absolute tack driver and can navigate their scope turrets for any distance, if you follow those people closely, they aren’t participating much on threads that involve the latest and the greatest. Why? Cause if your current platform is performing to its most utmost peak in performance, why else would you need another? Latest and greatest is not gonna kill anything any more dynamic, and it’s not going to change the hole punch outs on paper, so why replace?

I’d wager that there are a lot of guns in the safes of most folks, that can’t hit a tiny mouse in a wood pile with a slug at 80 yards away in the dark, like someone I know whose guns can. And he’s not a latest and greatest buyer.

With all that said, the only reason I would add or replace is if the innards or functions of the new are better, more modern made with better parts.

Augie, I wondered why my ears were burning. 😉
LOL! I’ve seen the Pard NV vids, that’s for sure.

As far as the Panthera and Dynamic go, those are to me a good investment if used in the manner for which they were designed for. The new plenum design, larger valve system, relocated and well thought out gage placement, yes I would invest in one if I participated in PRS events for sure. It was designed for that. It could be easily turned into a bench gun with added bottles, if one chooses. A guy I met at RMAC let me shoot his at the indoor UAG range, and it is a shooter for sure.

A friend vented to me the other day that he feels he made a big mistake investing in the Panthera, like as if he fell for “the hype”.
Well, he bought it to be a long distance(it is)high speed slug shooter(it is)to the prairie dogs and ground squirrels. Meaning, on foot away from car, and set up somewhere(nope, not for that)
Well, he didn’t like the shot count. I kindly tried to tell him that gun was purpose built, but that’s not what he wanted to hear, I could tell. Fortunately, he still owns both his M3 and MK2 impacts that can handle those duties easily

I have a M3 600mm that I set up to shoot both slugs and pellets, decided a couple months ago to pickup a Dynamic both are 22 cal. because the Dynamic was designed as a slug gun that's what I use it for. I turned down my M3 and now it's more accurate, quieter and gets more shots per fill. I love the new valve design of the Dynamic and it's ability to shoot slugs and power output, if I could only have one of the two it would be the M3 for all around shooting. Pellets are so much easier to load unlike slugs, don't get me wrong I love the Dynamic being a more purpose built slug gun, guess it just depends how you plan on using. Good luck with your decision.. :)