• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Should I return my Wildcat for an Impact?

Looks like I did kinda the same thing you did- ordered a Wildcat .25 because there was a huge wait time on the Impact.
2 weeks later after the Wildcat arrived I ended up ordering the .30 Impact, fixed shroud with the Huggett Magna.
I kept the Wildcat for about 2 weeks after the Impact arrived and then returned it with a restocking fee...

I really liked it though, it was very light. Just grab it and go. But I didn't feel it shot as accurate as the Impact.
And what I really wanted to begin with was the Impact. Very happy now.
Also, with the Huggett Magna on the Impact, I think it was just as quiet as the Wildcat with the Huggett, if not quieter? A bit more of a thump in the sound of the Magna but that was it.

You can de-cock by holding the cocking lever while pulling the trigger and gently moving the cocking lever forward. Dry firing is hard on the seats and valve stem and can result in damage as I understand it. Your Wildcat sounds OK to me, but it is hard to tell over a video. It sounds like you are sold on an Impact and regretting the Wildcat so return it and get what you want. I would suggest that you inform the dealer that the gun has been dry-fired multiple times when you return it though so they can check it out and repair it if there is a problem before shipping to the next customer. Good luck.