Should I return it?

Thanks Steve.

The a6 arrived an hour ago and I can say it's not all that. At least not the 2.5-15x50 that I got. Don't get me wrong, it has some impressive features for the price such as on off between illumination settings and also illuminates the holdover points right and left but looking at a tree at 140 yards from my backyard at 15 magnification the Hawke was looking way better. No matter how much I played with the a6, adjusting the ao and the focus bell it always seemed at that distance like some light mist clouds were passing by my image. Like a faint fog cloud. Not so much so with the Hawke. Image was brighter and more well defined in details. It seems to me the a6 punches above it's class considering that I just got a sig whiskey 4-12x44 for the same amount of money and doesn't even have illumination but certainly not in the same league as the Hawke or the Ares. At least not the 2.5-15. 

20210306_133655.1615059443.jpg

Yeah, I am guessing they either use a different glass at the 2.5-15 or I got a dud. In any case I am returning it as well as my Hawke which I like a lot but honestly it's inferior to my Athlon Ares btr gen2 2.5-15x50 ( which I payed a bit over $500 at camera land by the way). I tried this afternoon again all three when the extreme sunshine was gone and the Athlon was the clear winner. I was trying to convince myself the last few days that the more expensive Hawke was equal but the difference at longer distances when maxed.out at zoom is obvious. My next scope is gonna be an Ares again when I get the $ to buy another rifle although this time the 4.5-x27x50. 

Of course you can see at 180 yards at 20x that's a MARCH! IDK if this guy really wanna pay $2700 to $2950 for that.

https://www.scopelist.com/march-f-3-24x52.aspx

I paid $1200 shipped for my last "preowned" ($2700 non illuminated) March-F 4-24x52.almost two months ago from a member from this AGN forum classifieds. I paid way more for my OTHER illuminated 4-24x52 version and my 10-60x52.

They don't got lifetime warranty and aren't Really worth their selling price (NEW) IMHO that's why I dont push them even if I'm crazy enough to buy them myself.

As we get older we need better optics!

My FIRST MARCH SCOPE was like BAM!!!

LMAO!!!

No doubt man, I can't even look through some of my old Leupold scopes now without squinting lol! I had some bad luck with a couple of other top tier vendors, and decided to stick with NF glass for reliability. I had sold an illuminated March here on AGN last year, ONLY because it had an MOA reticle that I couldn't adapt to. (Bought it right before the March / Grizzly CEO dude decided to liquidate, and I would up taking a big hit on the resale). I figured the 4-32 NX8 would be a good replacement for that thing, but I wound up buying a 1-8 shortly after to scratch the lightweight itch that the March left me with 😭