N/A Should i rebuy a tx200 177 or

HW97K.20 my favorite own em all and tx 200 is great just not my favorite. .20 is a great caliber as well you get flat trajectory and a heavier hitter.
I have an HW97K ,20 Blue Lam, coming.
I received.my HW30 in .20cal yesterday, and what a sweet shooter. 3/4 " groups at 30 yards in the first twenty shots, with iron sights. The handling is improving with every shot. Super smooth!

Dont look to be a waiting list to buy a tx where most hw are .

Also pa has a few tx's listed in the referb deals.. add to cart buy today not preorder.lol
I ordered at AOA, an HW30 which was ready to ship, and an HW97K which I have to wait on.
👍

Last edited:
I ordered at AOA, an HW30 which was ready to ship, and an HW97K which I had to wait on. The wait was maybe five days, and I got a notice that it was shipping a day before the HW30 arived. I was expecting it for Christmas.
Thats Pretty good if your luck runs that way.. 😉

Reactions: .20calguy
20230927_191316.jpg
I had a great day!
👍
I was wrong on that! I have a bunch of stuff coming, but after researching sale and shipping numbers I don't see the 97. AOA sale data is hard to keep track of. When I log in to AOA none of these recent purchases even show in my records. Anyway I may go back and edit that coment.
👍

View attachment 392397
I had a great day!
👍

I was wrong on that! I have a bunch of stuff coming, but after researching sale and shipping numbers I don't see the 97. AOA sale data is hard to keep track of. When I log in to AOA none of these recent purchases even show in my records. Anyway I may go back and edit that coment.
👍
May just luck on your order in to there order in time . first guy waits longer then the last guy in thing If aoa requires 20 gun per order or of hw even jas enigh to send out at any given time ..lol. (??)

Try both before you buy, each person is different. Personally I am a TX fan, owned both, prefer the TX, especially the MK1 and 2's, better balance over the 3's. Don't get all excited about dropping the power down, you need to get the timming just right with your pellet of choice. Mine is shooting 910 fps and about as smooth as most 12 fp rifles when compared side by side.

Reactions: bf1956 and Frogy
View attachment 392397
I had a great day!
👍

👍
I will say the HW97.20 cal from AoA might come quickly seems like just easier to fill from Weihrauch in my experience.

I have owned a 22 cal HW97K Blue lam for a few years now. Almost all my shooting is at a target 30 yds out in my backyard. The HW is a beautiful gun but I have not been impressed by its accuracy. Fast forward to this month and I purchased a 22 cal TX200MKIII from PA. Now this gun impresses me for accuracy right out of the box. Makes me wonder if I should have my HW tuned to see if it can do better. I have seen past posts here where guys feel that the 2 guns are comparable. At this point I can tell ya that is not the case with my 2 guns. The TX will shoot rings around the HW97. Of course mine is just one opinion but thats just how it is.

I have owned a 22 cal HW97K Blue lam for a few years now. Almost all my shooting is at a target 30 yds out in my backyard. The HW is a beautiful gun but I have not been impressed by its accuracy. Fast forward to this month and I purchased a 22 cal TX200MKIII from PA. Now this gun impresses me for accuracy right out of the box. Makes me wonder if I should have my HW tuned to see if it can do better. I have seen past posts here where guys feel that the 2 guns are comparable. At this point I can tell ya that is not the case with my 2 guns. The TX will shoot rings around the HW97. Of course mine is just one opinion but thats just how it is.

The HWs tend to have oversized bores in .22. Have you tried the 5.53 sized pellets from H&N? They tend to do better with HW rifles.

PS. The TX200 is a sweet gun out of the box but they can still benefit from a tighter spring guide and cleanup of the internals. One of mine came packed with grease and a metal shaving lodged in the piston seal. That said, its my favorite gun.

-Marty

My 02, I have an older beeman 2007 97K and a krale 2016 Hw77K green laminate both tuned by me to just under 13ft lbs.
97K with the perfect pellet is dead nuts out to 55 yards. The 77K is much harder for me to shoot and so far hasn’t matched the 97K. I often wonder if the longer barrel on the 77K has any bearing on this. But they are two completely different holding, shouldering rifles. The 97K fits me perfect and just feels right.
That said I’m really wanting to try a Prosport with
it’s 9.5” barrel to kinda test my theory.
Lastly there is a noticeable difference in the bluing and metal work on the 97 vs. the newer 77
the 97K is much nicer.