N/A Should i rebuy a tx200 177 or

i would say to treat yourself to the TX in .177 tune it to 10.5 to 11.5 and just keep SMILING !
I have 2 TX200 , first one i had tuned @ 11.6 . Actually i said to tune to the smoothest shooter you can , and it came back @ 11.5 and very smooth .
The #2 TX i bought from a guy in MN. self tuned and again smooth @ 10.6 FPE
Both are lefty and .177 .

Last edited:
Well I have the 97 in 177. Great rifle have the 95 in 177 it too is good. But the one I enjoy the most for shooting in the backyard is my HW50s 177 My 97 has always been a great shooter my 95 has been a problem. But is coming together quite nicely. I don’t competition shoot, I rarely ever shoot groups at paper enjoy, shooting, steel, silhouette Out to 50 yards and the 50 does it with ease. The other two just smack them harder

Reactions: beerthief
I own both the 97 and the TX.

I know there are going to be die hard 97 defenders.

But after working on my TX vs my 97... no contest. TX was the easiest gun to work on. Changing breech seals, piston seals, main springs, and spring guides were a breeze. Accuracy about the same.

Bottom line if you like the feel of the 97, the easier loading, the no click click click of the bear trap and you are mechanically competent to work on the 97 or can send it to a tuner to be fixed or make changes. Cos you know those breech seal, piston seal and springs don't last forever. Then buy the 97, it is relatively cheaper.

Last edited:
Reactions: bustachip
If you had the HW97 in .22 the .177 will have a harsher shot cycle until you de-tune it. It’s been my experience that the 97 is a little jumpier than the TX; it could be my imagination or the offset transfer port of the 97…

That said, if you never had a TX you will probably be happy with the 97. I’ve tried both in both calibers and the TX is a better finished and easier to work on gun. But your preferences might be different. The differences or arguments about these guns often echo the BMW vs Benz arguments.

-Marty

I have a couple of .177 sub12fpe TX MK1s that are pcp accurate out to 40yds (55 if it’s calm), but I’ve had NO luck getting a full length MK3s to shoot as well without a TL 22mm conversion. HW97s on the other hand with a mild tune are (in my experience) capable of outstanding accuracy at 13-14fpe. Uj

Im a lefty with big hands and have both RH and LH .177 TXs. Both are loaded with my right hand, muzzle up and butt rested on my thigh. Loading is no problem with the proper “pinch” hold on the tiny skirt and sliding my rt. thumb along the lower edge of the loading port. Pellet slides right in. It’s all done by feel and is very efficient with a bit of practice. Uj