• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A Should i rebuy a tx200 177 or

I had a 22 97 and it was great but I will probably try the 97 in 177
If you get a chance to scoop a 97 in .20, be an answer to all you dreams.
In 97 I have 2- .177s, 2- .22s as well a .25, then I got a .20. They are all really nice but the .20 is special. Have all the TX’s as well. I wish they made the TX’s and Pro Sport in .20, too bad. And ammo hasn’t been hard to get. Can’t say I ever heard anyone complain about a 97 .20. IMO. Good luck. Crow

Reactions: .20calguy
I own both the 97 and the TX.

I know there are going to be die hard 97 defenders.

But after working on my TX vs my 97... no contest. TX was the easiest gun to work on. Changing breech seals, piston seals, main springs, and spring guides were a breeze. Accuracy about the same.

Bottom line if you like the feel of the 97, the easier loading, the no click click click of the bear trap and you are mechanically competent to work on the 97 or can send it to a tuner to be fixed or make changes. Cos you know those breech seal, piston seal and springs don't last forever. Then buy the 97, it is relatively cheaper.
Breech seals on a 97 are easy to change out, just reach in with some hemostats and pull it out. Put in a new seal flat side down, rounded side is toward the breach, and use a 10mm socket to seat it down, done.