• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Should I get a used FX Impact Mk1 or spend the extra money for Mk2 or Mk3 ?

You will need to upgrade the Gen1 gun to shoot the .30 as well as the MKII or M3 will do stock from the factory. But if you can get a good price on one that has an upgraded plenum you should be able, with a barrel and probe port mod and valve and valve spring mods, to keep up.

Me knowing all that I know and having upgraded my Gen1 then bought an M3 I would just go with the M3. The versatility and adjustability of the M3 just makes it that much better.

Reactions: Jimgasser
Agree on the M3 for slugs. Owned both an M3 and M2 (sold the M3 because I don't have the best property for slugs) but it was much easier to setup for higher fps with the larger plenum and all the other voodoo they put into it vs. prior models.

If you really like to tinker the parts are out there to upgrade, doubtful you will save much if any cash. 

Should be more fresh stuff available in the near future as the boats unload fx and competing product to meet pent up demand.

The MKll is a great gun and will shoot as good as the M3 when tuned properly.

The M3 has a dual reg set up that will give a more consistent air pressure,

a larger volume plenum for more air and more consistent power,

a higher pressure bottle 300bar for more shots. 

a short throw cocking lever

20 MOA scope rail

better gauges

ect

Then there is the big difference. 

The tuning, the M3 has toolless tuning and more steps on the power wheel. So, has easily repeatable numbers, to go by, for tuning and returning your tune to a previous state.

This is a huge deal! At least for some for others not so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_Pe_raJ6pg&ab_channel=Airbuks

Does the M3 require a slug kit? Does it come with a dual transfer port and pin probe? These are things that you'll have to install on the older Impacts to get the oomph out of it for slugs. Not a big deal, but I'm not sure the M3s have that stuff.

The M3 comes with the dual transfer port, but not with the pin probe. Similarly, the slug kit is still required too get maximum power out of the M3.

To me, the differences between the M3 and the MK2, while real, are small enough that its an open question as to whether a godd price on a MK2 is better than a new M3. However I think that the cost of a MK1 upgraded to MK2 specs, much less to get close to M3 specs would be prohibitive, and i wouldn’t buy one over the Mk2 or M3.

Chris

I use my MK2 for slugs only so The reg is set at 150, if I to get a M3 I would just set the M3’s first reg to wide open and set second reg to 150. This means to me there is no difference. IMHO if you shoot slug only with high reg then there is no or very little difference, if you shoot lighter pellets with say 110 bars at second reg then M3 is much better with dual reg.